Gas in the awning

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:10 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

I was perusing a caravanning site on Facebook this morning and came across a thread about using a Cadac BBQ in the awning, this is just a reminder that this is dangerous, they are meant for outdoor use only, neither gas nor charcoal BBQ's should be used "indoors" and that includes an awning.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

RE: Gas in the awning

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:42 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

I haven't seen the "other" caravanning site on Facebook but fail to see the difference between boiling a kettle or heating a saucepan on a Cadac or on the factory fitted stove in the caravan.

Perhaps you would enlighten us to the dangers because I cook both in the caravan and in the awning with a variety of gas powered appliances. My only choice between the two places at the moment is smell or generation of fatty fumes.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

RE: Gas in the awning

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:45 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Gas BBQ's produce a lot more carbon monoxide as they're not designed for indoor use, even the Cadac instruction manual tells you not to use indoors, outdoor use only, gas stove for internal use are made to burn cleaner and produce less carbon monoxide but do still produce some which is why it's not recommended to use the gas stove as an additional heating source inside the van.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
scouteralf, Poptop320 and Markeriba like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12543 topics and 105794 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1