Eriba puck classic

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:35 pm
by Nicky kingston (deleted)

Hi. My name is Nicky. I am looking to purchase a classic Eriba puck to tow behind my t2 VW camper. Ideally I would like a smooth skin version. I have been in contact with someone recently in Europe who has one for sale. They do seem pretty hard to come by. We are going to view soon. Any feedback on what to look out for or where to look would be appreciated

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Eriba puck classic

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:19 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

I would look at the bottom edge of the exterior. You will find a ring of square steel tubing that can rust. Any light surface rust is not an issue, but if it is heavily pitted or rusted though then it could cost a significant four figure sum to fix and I would walk away. A spongy floor is also to be avoided along with any damp getting in around the windows. This would likely show up as a discolouration of the internal wall boards. Even if all was well I would change the window rubbers as will be showing signs of age and have cracked Make sure all appliances work including the fridge on gas along with the gas heater. That should more or less cover the major issues.
Some years ago I recall a part time dealer based in Cambridge who used to import nice older clean vans. Unfortunately I cannot recall his name.

Best of luck - Colin

ps - have you looked on the VW forums. Owners of classic vehicles will have the monopoly on older vans.

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:22 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:39 pm

Hi Colin. Thanku very much for the detailed information. The spongy floor I was aware of but the steel tubing I was not. I’ll give all the items you recommend a good look over. I keep my fingers crossed as it’s quite a journey to go and see.
Kind regards. Nicky

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:10 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

After digging around in old posts I've found the Classic Eriba dealer in/around Cambridge. His name is Kye and his number was 07865 492 666. This is going back 8 years so I don't know if he is still trading. I do recall him being very helpful. Could be worth a punt as it's only a phone call.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:28 am

Thanks very much Colin. Very kind of you. I’ll give him a call.
Regards Nicky

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:46 pm
by Mr A W Boxall | 31 Posts

We have a 2006 Eriba Puck which we have had from new and we could offer the following advice. There is no heating to go wrong or any modern gadgets to deal with. There is a pump for cold water only to the sink. You should look at the pop-up canvas roof and check for any damage or mould. The other thing to look at is the gas locker door. You will probably find white aluminium corrosion on it which can be dealt with. A service record would also be good. Also check the date on the tyres because they could be out of date, which can be a bit expensive but important.

Regards Anthony

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:16 pm

Hi Antony. Thank you for your input. Will definitely check out the areas you have mentioned. Am happy to do a few bits here and there. And half expect to be doing a little tinkering. However I hope the chassis is in good order and the floor is sound. I keep my fingers crossed 🤞

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:07 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

this guide in the link may help when looking for a second hand Eriba..

What to look for when buying an Eriba

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5