New Isabella awning out now

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:30 am
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi All, I have just noticed this new air awning from Isabella. It’s the Isabella AIR X-Tension. Here is the link https://www.isabella.net/uk/for-motorhomes/x-tension
Looks really good to me and I was hoping it might work with the Eriba awning rail height. No mention of the weight on the web site. The connection part appears to rise up towards the main awing area so my thinking is the the Eriba entrance for should not rub. Be interested to see your comments. Could this be the Ultimate One ?

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 681D970F-F05B-41C1-9931-70AFB295794E.jpeg 
 F56646A2-6844-4B83-87D0-B43BA0A396AF.jpeg 

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:25 am | Scroll up

RE: New Isabella awning out now

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:26 am
by eribaMotters | 5.306 Posts

If you do not mind a flappy tunnel then looks promising. But at £1350 I'd want something that fits.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:56 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi Colin. 2 things that struck me about the “tunnel” section. First is that its not that deep, so in that way if differs from most. Secondly the material appears a lot better quality than others. So for both those reasons I think it might not be “flappy”. As for the price, if it ticks all the boxes, how can you put a price on happiness.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:07 pm

My wife uses that line.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:10 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.074 Posts

This is so similar but without any tunnel. But do you need a tunnel as this is only £320

go_026336_c.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15987021/be...helter-15987021

Steve

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:47 pm

Steve, although I don't want one the Isabella will be premier league when it comes to fabric, a far cry from the ripstop nylon stuff of the go-outdoors version.

Colin

Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:50 am
by Doreen the troll | 39 Posts

Isabella sell the tunnel section separately at £100 To me it could mean that a tunnel specific to an Eriba might be coming along?
Installation would be easy, just thread the tunnel into the awning rail then fasten(zip) ? to the inflated awning, easy and no weight lifting required!
The price is expensive though as with all Isabella products, but not far off a Walker touring that I use and much less marital stress to erect!

David

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:57 am

I would be amazed if Isabella were are far sighted as producing a model specific Eriba tunnel. I don't think the market is there for them. I would love to be proved wrong though.
If you know a good sail maker then the £100 tunnel could be a good buy as you could get them to customise the fit for you.

Colin

GT runner likes this post!
Last edited Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:38 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:48 am
by chasnick | 69 Posts

We have used CIT Camping in Walton on Thames for tent/awning/windbreak repairs and alterations etc.. Highly recommended, and they can post stuff. Give Martin a call there.

Skoda Yeti 2.0 Diesel 4x4, 2020 540 Troll GT.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:35 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi Colin, If you look at the info on the Isabella web site, there is quite a list of different vehicles they make the “tunnel” for (inc a VW camper). So my thought/hope is that one of these might be a similar profile and height to the Eriba. Then like you say it all becomes very appealing - when you think of how easy it would be to set up. I will endeavour to call them and see if I can get any further info and maybe some details regarding the different profiles they make.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:38 am

I've tried to decipher the info on the California Tunnel. At 178-200 cm high it would appear to be a possible fit. I wonder what the awning chord bead size is, I'm guessing it is a dual size and possibly also has a set of hoops or hemmed edge to allow different methods of fixings. Do you think the 80cm deep tunnel would be susceptible to the usual sag?

Colin

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:21 am

I feel the shorter the tunnel the less sag, also once zipped to the inflated awning it could be tensioned easily by moving the awning away from the van prior to pegging down.?
Isabella did sell a tunnelled inflatable for camper vans which name escapes me, at the time this was shown fitted to an Eriba on their site, however it was deep from front to back and very heavy.
There must be a sizeable market for Eriba owners and if it just requires a Eriba specific tunnel to be developed then fingers crossed it may happen!
Also with it being a “domed” roof my wife likes the idea of a pendant light in the center, priorities!!
David

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:43 am

David,
I've just filled in a request for information on whether an Eriba model specific tunnel is in the pipeline and had thi reply:-

"The Eriba is next on our list. We are hoping that existing tunnels may fit it, but have not, as yet, tried or tested this.
Maybe by the end of the next quarter we might have more information – sorry I cannot be clearer at this time."

I've replied asking if they need a van to check for fit.

Colin

Last edited Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:06 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:26 pm

Well done Colin, sounds promising its a great idea, one awning and variable tunnels to fit. I will keep a look out on your postings.
I also have a nice Troll if they need to confirm fit or just to test it out,no fee expected.
David

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:43 pm

Just noticed the footprint dimensions, 330 x 250 depth this would fit our 2019 Troll not sure of other models?
Also I assume they will take into account the awning rail height might have to be variable according to year of manufacture.?
David

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 60 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105649 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3