Calor Gas: Butane v Propane.

in Anything toilet, water and gas related Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:11 pm
by aberwolfies (deleted)

Hi one and all. Firstly a thank you to all kind souls who encouraged us to become Eribafolk… hubby has taken on board our canvas days of crawling in and out of lightweight cycle touring tent is over, and listened to the messages from you which I relayed to him ( oh, he was so reluctant). We have managed to rather surprise ourselves… we are shortly picking up a Triton 430… and am like a kid looking forward to Christmas…

Decisions… Calor Gas. Butane or Propane? I gather either is suitable but they have different pros and cons. Until now we have always been tent folk spending time mainly on municipal sites in France. ( Love those traditional little sites which alas and alack are tending to disappear - very French and often basic.)

Given that we hope to caravan in France a lot too is there a consideration to be included in our decision of propane v butane over the channel in terms of which is easiest to access?

I can’t see us caravanning out of BST but it will be lovely to now extend our camping season either side of May to Sept.

Any thoughts much appreciated. Thank you.

Scroll up

RE: Calor Gas: Butane v Propane.

in Anything toilet, water and gas related Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:41 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

I would go Propane as it allows you to go away if it is cold. Calorlite has been the default purchase for a long time but availability on these bottles has been an issue and Flogas seem to be expanding there network and be more readily available. On the bulkhead regulator get a two way output adaptor. Attach your Flogas to one side and leave the other side blank. We carry a Campingaz 907 with hose attached for our Cadac gas BBQ and can hook it into the van in the emergency that our big bottle runs out. Like many others we have gone this route as we visit Europe and Campingaz is the only bottle available throughout Europe.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 20 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12512 topics and 105583 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1