which caravan member organisation??

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:37 pm
by Doesie (deleted)

Dear all - I realise it would be a "good idea" to join a caravan/camping club (discounts, sites and all that); I will be using my lovely new (to me) eriba this year + the odd tent pitch too, so:
Caravan and Motorhome Club?
or
Camping and Cravan Club???
Any views please????

Scroll up

RE: which caravan member organisation??

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:11 pm
by Randa france | 12.887 Posts

Now that the Caravan and Motorhome Club are asking for booking deposits I don't think there's much to choose between them except that if you are using a tent then there are not many C and MC sites that take tents.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

likes this post!
Last edited Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:12 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:12 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

This question is often asked. In my limited personal experience when a member of both I have found:-
C&MC is more of a business, tents only allowed on a limited sites, facilities very good, but sites can look like manicured car parks. Good CL network, excellent car and van breakdown cover with MayDay for UK and Red Pennant for Europe. Excellent but VERY expensive caravan insurance. Good deals on crossings
C&CC is more of a club. Others will fill you in as we left after a couple of years.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:02 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.011 Posts

We have been members of both major clubs over the years and I agree with everything Colin has said about the CMC, though we remain members.

Two differences we noticed with the C&CC were that whereas the CMC generally let you search the site for a pitch you're happy with, the C&CC insist on taking you to a pitch they've allocated to you. The other difference is that there are more tenters on C&CC sites and sometimes they can be a lot noisier than we prefer.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:45 pm
by Doesie (deleted)

thanks everyone, i was thinking that way...i use the caravan and my son/daughter want to pitch their own tent so camping and caravan sounds better

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:10 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.463 Posts

If they’re only sleeping in the tent and it’s not huge the C&CC may allow it as a “pup tent” on the same pitch. Saves money, we used to do that with the kids, now doing it with the grandkids.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105779 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3