Going to France ?

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:27 pm
by Bryn | 994 Posts

As I am one of the last people without an i-phone has anyone travelled to France with purely "paper" docs? if so what docs were needed and where? any help would be appreciated

Last edited Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:27 pm | Scroll up

RE: Going to France ?

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:54 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Brian, I am also in the same situation, although my lovely wife does have a smart phone and will be OK.
You do not have to prove vaccine history using the phone app, the printed sheet is proving perfectly acceptable. I'm led to believe this is asked for in enclosed public places, registering at hotels, campsites, some shops, restaurants etc. It is not proving a problem according to folk who have posted on the C&MC website forum
It was previously possible to go on the nhs vaccine passport website and request a printed record be sent. I do not know if this is still possible.
I've downloaded the nhs app onto my tablet, which was a pain, as they require a photo of you in your passport etc.
When they are happy with who I say I am then they will let me know and I can download the relevant bit of paper and print it off. I think this only lasts for 30 days, so when we are away for our 35+ days I will download another and get it printed off at the campsite reception.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Bryn likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:35 am
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

We took paper copies of all necessary documents including COVID proof and animal health certificates.
A lot easier than showing them our phones and I think they appreciated it that way.
I believe they scanned the QR code if that's what it's call.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
pugcd52 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:54 am

Good to hear you've made it to foreign shores. Enjoy your trip.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:33 pm

Hopefully moving south tomorrow.

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:05 pm
by pugcd52 | 8 Posts

We have family members over there now, we are due there beginning of June, they've messaged something about a parking permit that is new in France this year, anyone have any information on this , or is my daughter winding us up? lol

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:35 pm

When in France last, 2019, we became aware of a blue disabled style parking permit available for anybody. I do not know how long the system had been in operation. You get this from the local tourist office for free, or some shops at cost of ? Euros. In many villages you have restricted parking areas and if you put your disc in the window with the time displayed you are allowed to park for a set amount of time. The discs are area/village specific and worth getting if you are in an area for any period of time.

Colin

pugcd52 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:58 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

I guess she means the parking spaces that are marked with BLUE lines. These require a time disc that you can get free but I imagine that you have one already and any old one will probably do. It's just because they're for short stay parking so people can get to the shops to buy bread and a paper and not for all day parking.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Randa france and pugcd52 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:42 pm

Yes that's probably the one Islay but we believe that most French folk find a suitable pedestrian crossing and engage their parking lights, you know, the orange flashy ones, and park there for about 15 minutes or so.
Randa

Last edited Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:44 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:55 pm
by Big Al | 223 Posts

I have a question about what is needed document wise for France/Belgium. Next month I am visiting Flanders Fields in Matilda (my Morris Traveller) with a photographic friend who is 70+ and very technophobic. We are using Eurotunnel. I have managed to get both our Covid Passes downloaded and printed which seems the best way to keep them.

I'm told by the Eurotunnel website I need to add 'Health Declarations' to my booking 72hrs before travel. Can anyone tell me if this is just the Covid Passes or are other forms needed?

Are 'Public Health Passenger Locator' forms still needed/asked for? I have done one for each of us for Belgium but the French one appears only available to be filled online if you arrive via aeroplane.

Eurotunnel give the impression they do not wish calls on the subject but refer you to government websites. Needless to say the UK Gov website then refer you to the French & Belgium official websites! Until we are within the 72hr window to download the forms Eurotunnel do not say what these forms are.

Help...

1997 Puck pushing a 1970 Morris Minor Traveller, sometimes a Pug 3008
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:26 pm
by Old Rocker | 496 Posts

Can 't help on the health part but locator forms are not needed for ferry / train arrivals as far as I amaware

Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Yesterday is just a memory, tomorrow's never what it's supposed to be
Big Al likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:39 pm
by Clive795 | 31 Posts

Is the Health Declaration the sworn statement you need to sign for entry to France?
You can download a copy from the French Gov web site in English.
We present one with our hard copy vaccination proofs each time we get onto the ferry to France.

2017 Triton 430GT
Bryn and Big Al like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:38 pm
by Bryn | 994 Posts

For travelers vaccinated within the meaning of European regulations, no more tests will be required on departure. Proof of a complete vaccination schedule becomes sufficient to arrive in France, regardless of the country of origin, as was the case before the distribution of the Omicron variant

From the French Gov.Site

Big Al and PooleDweller like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon May 09, 2022 3:13 pm
by pugcd52 | 8 Posts

We have a morning ferry from Portsmouth to Caen , departs 8.15 am, due to commitments I cant travel down and stay somewhere near the day before,we cant lleave till late evening, anyone know what time your allowed to arrive at Portsmouth? so I could catch a couple of hrs ZZZZs at least.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon May 09, 2022 3:23 pm
by cabbie37 | 644 Posts

After the last ferry has departed. There are some railings over to the left hand side as you enter the assembly area that have signs on the saying you can park overnight here...

I think this link might give you an idea of where I mean...

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/search/por...m/data=!3m1!1e3

pugcd52 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105785 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3