Hello from longtime lurker, now an Eriba owner

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun May 01, 2022 9:39 am
by Scuffy (deleted)

Hello everyone
I've been a longtime lurker on this forum whilst dreaming/planning on getting an Eriba, but on 29th April the dreaming came to an end when I picked up our Eriba Touring 430!

To cut a long story short, my wife and I have been tent campers for nearly all of our holidays for almost 20 years. We love the freedom of not having an itinerary and just following our noses whenever we go away. My wife had a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis a couple of years ago, so waking up on the ground on a cold Alpine morning (even in summer) was no longer on the books. But we wanted to continue travelling in the same way, and it was then that I started looking into caravans.

After a while I settled on the Eriba, as its compactness was closer to the camping experience that we were used to. And of course it looked super cool. So after obsessing over it for a couple of years and endlessly re-configuring (on the Eriba website) what I thought was going to be our brand new dream Eriba, I thought I'd better go to a dealer and see one in real life, to see if my obsession was justified. Just to have a look. Of course I bought one on first sight!

I had asked to see a particular model, and was thinking out loud as I looked around the one they had in stock. I remarked that the one I was shown had exactly the config/extras I had been considering and how I was really interested in brand new what was the lead time on getting one, etc etc. The salesperson asked if I would I consider second hand. I replied that I wasn't really interested in second hand as I really wanted one brand new, but as I was there on site, sure I'd look at some. So I said show me a second hand one you might think is suitable to which the reply was 'you are standing in it'. It was in such good condition I thought it was a new demo model!

I already have a technical question which I guess I'll be raising elsewhere on the forum!

Look forward to chatting more in future, happy travels to all!
Steve

Scroll up

RE: Hello from longtime lurker, now an Eriba owner

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun May 01, 2022 12:27 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

To the Forum

Tom and Margaret

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun May 01, 2022 2:23 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Steve and welcome to the site.

Our stories have a bit of similarity in that we were long term tenters and loved waking up in the fresh air every morning. It was my two dodgy hips that made us turn away from tenting and look for something else.

We found the Eriba and bought a Troll six years ago and love it. With the pop top vents fully open it can be like tenting with early morning fresh air coming into the van.

We hope you enjoy it as much as we do

MikeT

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun May 01, 2022 6:52 pm
by granddadgrape | 1.562 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun May 01, 2022 7:11 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

We also came from camping and have not looked back Morphy good luck on your travels

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun May 01, 2022 7:53 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.465 Posts

from another lot of long term campers, in my case my back gave out.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
and PooleDweller like this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon May 02, 2022 8:14 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Now your family is bigger!

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue May 03, 2022 6:14 am
by Simboc2004 | 658 Posts

to the forum

Athena, our 2005 Eriba 430GT leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed May 04, 2022 7:31 am
by aberwolfies (deleted)

Hi and welcome… we like you chewed over an Eriba purchase for two years. Collected at 430 last month. Fallen in love with it. Cannot wait to get rolling for the second outing before long. Love the compact well thought out space… find it comfortable and got our heads round caravanning more quickly than we imagined we might ( especially hubby who took a lot of convincing as a die hard under canvas man). Enjoy.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed May 04, 2022 8:01 am
by Eribacamper | 111 Posts

Steve

G4HBA
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed May 04, 2022 8:49 am
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

Nice story, welcome to the forum.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri May 06, 2022 10:46 am
by Scuffy (deleted)

Thanks Morphy :)

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 38 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1