Triton 420 Electrics

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 18, 2022 11:52 am
by Digby (deleted)

Being the proud new owner of a 420 GT 2016 I want to add some personal touches and one of the first is some 12V power sockets for the interior.

Would like to run them through the fused CSV 409 (seems the sensible thing to do) rather than a direct connection to the battery with inline fuses (of course).
Had a look at the various "How Tos" but can't find anything specific to this, which is rather surprising considering the lack of power outputs is a serious miss.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Videos even better !

Scroll up

RE: Triton 420 Electrics

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 18, 2022 1:06 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

I must confess, when I ran a 12v circuit I took it from the battery. I did not want to break into something I was unsure about.
I was after a stand alone feed that would not be effected when I inadvertently hit the 12v isolator switch which in a fixed bed 430 is easy as it is near my pillow.
Two leads run from my battery with a 10amp in line fuse on each wire. They go to a connector block that then feeds an under bed light just inside the outside hatch, a pair of fridge fans and a tv point.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

likes this post!
Last edited Wed May 18, 2022 1:07 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 18, 2022 4:19 pm
by Digby (deleted)

Must say, eribaMotters, that does sound like a very simple solution.
I like simple.
Any disadvantages ?

Certainly want a TV Point and an accessory point too.
Fridge fans - Hmm do you find them useful ?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 18, 2022 4:46 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

I did the mods 5 years ago and have not come across any disadvantage.
A couple of computer fans behind the top vent, sucking out the warm air was a definite advantage on our previous vans. When it got to high 20's they did struggle.
My 2017 van fridge does seem to be more efficient and I've only turned them on when we get up into the 30's which is common in France. I do however carry a second fridge that will keep stuff cold even when you get to 40c so I'm not sure if I'd bother with this mod again. I would leave my van for a summer to make the decision.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 19, 2022 7:04 pm
by AlanC | 93 Posts

There are a number of spade connectors along the bottom left of the CSV 409 which are fused and switched by the main 12volt switch.

I have added both a 12volt socket and some USB sockets fed off these connectors. As they are switched by the main switch, to my mind this is better than leaving them permanently live when the van is not in use.

Alan

Liz and Alan
Troll 530 Touring 2015 now pushing a Honda CR-V
Frantone and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue May 24, 2022 10:54 am
by Digby (deleted)

I have done just that ... ie wired in 2 12 v sockets and a USB outlet (all individually fused inline) to the CV 409 unit.
All working well
Also ran an extra 13 amp mains socket from the consumer unit to the back of Eribetta, so now feel seriously powered up.

At the end of the week we shall go for our shakedown cruise to Northumberland with the grandchildren (and a tent).
Should find out how everything performs and what we may need and possibly don't need.

Last edited Tue May 24, 2022 10:55 am | Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 27 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105663 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4