Mattress toppers

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 22, 2022 3:29 pm
by anthonymyatt | 34 Posts

Hi , what does everyone use as a mattress topper in a troll 540 gt , bed size is approx 1900 mm sq ,thanks

Scroll up

RE: Mattress toppers

in Anything Eriba-related Tue May 24, 2022 12:26 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

Hi Anthony

We have a 540GT and we bought two single mattress toppers which we use to sleep crossway with the bed made up as a large double. We each sleep on one.

This is Kath's area rather than mine and she is fast asleep. I will ask her tomorrow what make they are.............suddenly just come to me- they are called something like Duvalay.

They weren't cheap to buy but they are dead comfy and warm on top of the bed. They also roll up quite small and fit under the cooker side bench settee thingy.

Hope this helps

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue May 24, 2022 9:24 am
by eribaMotters | 5.310 Posts

We are poor so cannot afford the Duvalay used by my esteemed friend. We have used IKEA topper since our first Eriba ownership. Unfortunately they do not do a size that matches your dimensions, so as Mike you will probably have to go for two separate toppers. You can cut they down to size easily if they are over size as they usually have removeable covers. We bought a large double for our sixed be 430 and did this.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue May 24, 2022 10:40 am

Colin you are I are fortunate enough to lead "rich" lives in so many ways......................................it's just a shame that doesn't include monetary wealth!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember that "no man has greater wealth than to sleep soundly at night"

Mike

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue May 24, 2022 9:14 pm
by Richard | 15 Posts

There are quite a few places (search for “foam and upholstery suppliers”) which sell memory foam at very reasonable prices. Because we find the Eriba sprung mattress a little firm, and rather cold, we bought some 2.5 cm memory foam cut to exact size and have put it on top of each of the the mattresses, held in place by a fitted sheet. Both foam and fitted sheet are left on during the day. Warm and soft, works a treat!

Marcel Devereux likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue May 24, 2022 9:44 pm

Richard, you have raised an important point, memory foam mattresses being warm. We managed to get a "non-memory" foam type as we summer on the continent where we have seen temperatures reach 40c.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 25, 2022 8:21 am
by Nick | 19 Posts

Check out Panda mattress toppers. We have a pair of singles for our large-bed Triton and they are excellent. Considerably less expensive than Duvalay. (Got ours from Costco)

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 25, 2022 8:38 am

They look good Nick and they seem to be available from a good range of retailers. https://mypandalife.com/product/mattress-topper/ I like the bit in thee blurb about "reacts to your body temperature and keeps you cool"

Colin

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 25, 2022 11:06 am

Nick

I'm like Colin attracted to the "cooling" bit on these Panda ones. Have you tried them in really hot weather and if so does it work?

I have bought a few pillows with "cooling"properties" over the years to combat high continental temps over the years but none have been great

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 25, 2022 11:22 am
by Nick | 19 Posts

We only got the Panda toppers a few weeks ago and have used them on one occasion for a three night stay. Air temps were fairly cool so it isn't possible to say how they will perform in warmer weather. However, they certainly did not exhibit any signs of retaining an uncomfortable amount of body heat.

Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 31 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12524 topics and 105667 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6