Eriba cupboard screws

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu May 26, 2022 10:02 am
by monoboard | 352 Posts

I know various people have mentioned the problem of the crap hinges/screws on eriba cupboards and mentioned gluing match sticks etc in which isnt ideal on something of this sort of value. Does any one know of a helicoil/insert designed for a wood screw rather than a machine screw. i have used helicoils on skis for bindings before with no problem. surly someone must do a proper insert and when you consider how many there is in a eriba you want something that is quick, efficient

Scroll up

RE: Eriba cupboard screws

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat May 28, 2022 9:30 am
by Julie Grafo | 3.461 Posts

Don’t know about helicoils I’m afraid. We’ve just had the age old problem of the bathroom door coming off on a very bumpy Devon road. As we were going to Ikea in Exeter (it was raining and we wanted to look at sofa beds) we raided their free bits and bobs section. The smallest dowels and screws worked a treat. Had to shorten the dowels and then hammer them in, good tight fit. Screw went in beautifully, now have rigid bathroom door. It’s not right that we have to do these mods but it worked.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
monoboard and Poptop320 like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun May 29, 2022 10:13 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.120 Posts

[[File:IMG_20210829_153640587_HDR.jpg|none|auto]]

[[File:IMG_20210829_153640587_HDR.jpg|none|auto]]IMG_20210829_160035235_HDR.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Hi Julie

I had similar problem and also went the way of the inserted dowel and slightly bigger screws.

They have held for the last 15 months with no problem.

MikeT

monoboard likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:31 pm
by bogbean (deleted)

Two hinges on the bathroom door have sheered off. I have found some replacements. But can anyone tell me what the little catch in the photo above is called, please. I stupidly removed it a while ago, not realising that it supports the door. Thanks.

Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 34 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12537 topics and 105756 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5