Isabella Ventus (x4 panels) or Granite (x3 panels) windbreaks?

in Awnings, canopies and outdoor furniture Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:34 pm
by Gelato (deleted)

We have decided to purchase our first windbreak, looked at the Jormax and Kampa Pro but after much research going for either the Isabella Ventus (x4 panels) or Granite (x3 panels). Wondered which one fellow Eriba members have/prefer. The Ventus now has a mesh middle panel rather than clear plastic, just wondered if the mesh (wind blowing through?) would effect a Gas BBQ. Going to Scotland (Highlands/Outer Hebrides) so would like a windbreak which can with-stand a fair wind but also suitable for a BBQ behind it. Both the Ventus and Granite are the same length 460cm but the Ventus has x4 panels and is slightly lower 110cm, Granite is 130cm high and 3x solid panels. Both expensive but realise you pay for what you get - hopefully rigid and good protection from the wind!

Last edited Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:56 pm | Scroll up

RE: Isabella Ventus (x4 panels) or Granite (x3 panels) windbreaks?

in Awnings, canopies and outdoor furniture Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:22 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.300 Posts

Harvey, I would be thinking a larger panel is more likely to catch the wind between its supported ends.
Also with shorter panels would the 2.3 x 2.3 90 degrees v give better BBQ wind protection than a longer L shaped 3 x 1.5?

Colin

Ps I do not think you will be able to reply to my message above as you have posted in the wrong area. You could repost in the awni gs section suppose.

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:00 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12516 topics and 105598 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6