Settling-in with our Eriba

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:46 pm
by scot_camper (deleted)

It's a year down the road now, since we bought a new Troll 530 "Ocean Drive". My wife and I are now stuffing it full of memories, but not without a disappointing amount of quality issues and teething troubles. The worst was probably a leak inside the 'van from the Thule canopy fitting on Day 1, but I also have a small box of bits of things that have simply fallen off! Long story not for now, perhaps I will catalogue the 'challenges' at a future date, but all very disappointing for the premium price tag it commands.

As far as camping, it works well and we are happy with it. Off to Portugal for September - which is a long way from north Scotland, so its the next big test…

Good to see such an active forum, best regards,
John

IMG_2824.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

RE: Settling-in with our Eriba

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:10 am
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

John, nice to see you found us, but equally sad to hear of your quality issues. Unfortunately this is fairly normal now with new Eribas, but I can assure you not as bad as the majority of big white wobbly vans.
Questionable cabinetwork and fittings seem to be the common culprits, but I have not heard of a Thule canopy fitting causing an issue.
I like many owners found after a season or two everything that seemed at fault had been sorted [by owner or dealer] and you then had the very nice van you should have had since day 1, so hold tight.
Hope Portugal goes well on what I'm guessing is your first big trip.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:27 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:30 pm
by granddadgrape | 1.562 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:03 am
by Julie Grafo | 3.465 Posts

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1