Fixing blinds

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:24 pm
by FlossyTcake (deleted)

Hi all, new to caravanning and have plumped for an Eriba 320. It’s come with blinds, bought but never fixed. What fixings will be best? Thank you 😀

Scroll up

RE: Fixing blinds

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:43 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Welcome Flossy. I'm not sure what you mean about the blinds. Your 320 would originally have been supplied with a pull down fly screen, pull down blind, nets on a shock cord and decorative narrow curtains. All of these would have been factory fitted.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:35 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:15 pm
by FlossyTcake (deleted)

There’s only one blind and that’s on the large window. Otherwise there’s just curtains. I think the previous owners were in the middle of fitting them when they decided to sell. So I have two blinds to go up on the two side windows. They are the type that go up for fly screen or down for blackout or come apart for open windows. Each blind is secured with 2 screws each end (so 8 in total 4 top 4 bottom.) 590F8F2F-9048-4CFF-9C1D-FB70FD4A06EF.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Just wondering how to fit them. Thanks for replying, am new to caravanning so it’s all a steep learning curve. Haven’t ventured out yet.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:53 am
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

The screws would be something like a 3/4"/20mm round headed chipboard screw (straight thread down the whole length of the screw, not a tapered wood screw).
The one you have fitted should indicate how the frame goes together. Have a practice assembling the frame on a table beforehand. Then it should be just a case of screwing the parts to the wall making sure the corners are square. I would think that there should be existing holes, unless the wall boards have been replaced or re-covered.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi

Last edited Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:53 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:26 am
by FlossyTcake (deleted)

Thank, the screw info is just what I was after, there aren’t any holes already, and judging by the way the existing blind is fixed (badly) I would say that’s an addition. It’s 1998 so not sure about what would have been standard. Thanks for your advice tho 👍🏼

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0