Hello Eribafolk

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:04 pm
by JulianoT (deleted)

Very early days with our new 540GT - but all good so far. Just one snag the wardrobe door despite being closed - opens during travel - so that needs sorting. And of course the need to add a spare wheel to the spec. We have added a Reich motor mover too (Thanks to Eriba folk for pointing me in the direction of Richard at Midland movers), and a few other minor bits including plates to put around the canopy feet to make them more secure

It took a while to source the van but fortunately for us, Red Lion had one coming in, so just a few months of waiting. And of course constant fretting - as evidenced in threads elsewhere as to whether it should have been a 530 - but being 6 foot 4, the long sleeper option and the flexibility settled the decision on the 540. To make the made up beds more comfy we have added mattress toppers, which has really done the trick. Of course - it turns out that our 2022 model was the last of a generation, with the changes in the line up for 2023 - but not too worried about that and I think maybe having ALKO parts may be an advantage (but that's from a fairly uninformed viewpoint).

We tow with a VW Tiguan 2.0 TDI 4 motion and seem to be getting around 36-40 MPG - which seems pretty good. I'm encouraged to see a few EVS emerging that can tow, so I am hopeful by the time I need to swap the Tig there will be viable options available. Past tows have been ancient and leaky Lunars when young, a Dandy trailer for years and then a little TAB, which was great to tow (as is the Eriba) - but was just that bit too small and heated up like a take-away container when the sun was out - a problem that ain't going to happen with the pop-up!

As a guest Ive already found the Eribafolk a really useful mine of information - so I'm sure it will be my first port of call as questions arise.

Best wishes to all.

Julian and Carol

Randa france, Simboc2004 and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Hello Eribafolk

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:15 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.465 Posts

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:44 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Welcome to Eriba ownership and the forum. I hope you enjoy your travels and your teething troubles are minor.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:42 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:13 pm
by granddadgrape | 1.562 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:19 pm
by JulianoT (deleted)

Thanks to all - for your welcome. If the cupboard catch is fixed (which hopefully it will be) I will share the solution.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:47 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Tom and Margaret

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:48 pm
by Simboc2004 | 658 Posts

to the forum

Simon and Claire

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:31 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Julian & Carol & welcome to the Forum.

The 530 and 540 have their fans but I am firmly in the 540 camp. The longer beds are great and the 540 gives you the choice of leaving the double bed up or creating a great seating area for you both and any family who might turn up. if you need an afternoon doze after a walk or lunch in the pub the long singles make a great space for 40 winks.

Lots of us have problems at times with the doors. Our wardrobe has always been OK but the bathroom door always used to open up when travelling. There are lots of solutions, ours is a 8 inch piece of pipe insulation on the top of the bathroom door. It works like a dream and is put in the cupboard when we pitch up.

Enjoy your 540

MikeT

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:17 am
by Eribacamper | 111 Posts

Steve, Debbie & Teddie the poodle

Toyota Hilux Invincible, 2014 Troll 550.

G4HBA
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:49 am
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

Hi Julian and welcome to Eribafolk

Quote:- "And of course the need to add a spare wheel to the spec."
As it's a 2022 model (presumably new?) isn't there one hanging underneath at the rear of the van?
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:51 am | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1