Feeling 470 - Wanted

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:17 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.300 Posts

We are interested in an as new as possible Feeling 470, with some parts of the specification a must:-
- 1500kg axle
- Hot water heating by electric
- Alloys and spare wheel
We would like:-
- motor mover
- silver livery
- front cycle carrier
- Thule roof awning
- Electric heating element with blown air set up
This is a rare beast as not many have made it to the UK so it's a long shot.
I know of a nice van on autotrader but it is has a gas only hot water/space heater
If/when we find one we will have a near mint condition high specification 2017 Triton 430 up for sale.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:18 pm | Scroll up

RE: Feeling 470 - Wanted

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:15 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.110 Posts

Hi Colin

Methinks you have been considering this for some time......

I couldn't remember if I had ever seen a Feeling 470 in the "flesh". I had to look on the Red Lion website (ironic or what?) to see what one looked like.

It all looks very posh and modern. Lots of familiar bits but also some different stuff from the Touring.

Is it a lot longer & wider than your Triton? It looks to be.

Good luck in your search

Mike

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:13 am

Hi Mike,
This one has been playing on my mind for some time. I'd logically thought about a Troll and would still not discount one, but the Feeling offers more space, two long full usable beds, from what I can gather an even more stable towing experience and on a new basis about £5K less. The better build over Tourings and lack of "bling" that you now find on 2023 Tourings is pushing me more towards the Feeling.
The Feeling 470 is 2cm lower and 7cm wider than your Troll. At 6.47m in length it is however 60cm longer and weights are similar. It is still within sensible towing limits of many sensible sized family cars.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:53 pm
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

When I was at the NEC this year, I visited the Three A's stand and looked at the Hymer range. I specifically looked at the Feeling as a result of Colin's comments about them. They did, indeed, seem to offer a great deal, not only value for money. I was in the company of a good pal, a life long caravanner (WWB) who was equally taken and is quite serious about a Feeling being his next van...

I can certainly see the attraction...

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:05 pm

Hugh, it is interesting that 3 A's had some Feelings. I was under the impression that Red Lion were about the only dealer who would bring them into the country and Hymer were in fact thinking of deleting them from the UK availability.

Colin

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:52 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.110 Posts

Like Cabbie I can certainly see the attraction - it is a good looker and importantly for us still has the pop top for the fresh air to blow through. .

The extra 2 ft length might cause us storage problems on our drive, as it would be a tighter fit over our Troll. But it might work out OK.

Do they sell well on the Continent?

Please keep us informed if you do make the change.

Hope you are now settled in OK for your new adventure back in the sunny South west

Best wishes
Mike

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:47 pm
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

The stand was branded 'Hymer' (or was it 'Eriba'? Hmm..) Perhaps a manufacturer's stand supported by multiple dealers? The person I spoke with was a 3A's person. I commented on the 820 that was on the stand, she said it wasn't hers so I imagined that it had been brought over from Germany especially for the show, but it may, of course, have been the one from Red Lion that they are desparately trying to get shot of...

But, in any event, the lady from 3A's was very approachable and it might be worth a phone call to see f they have plans for stocking Feelings?

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:03 pm

Hugh,
do you think it could it have been a Hymer stand and dealers having a rota to man it?

Mike,
when touring NL this summer for 5 weeks, on the campsites I recall seeing 2 Trolls, but more than that number of Feelings.
In the dealers we visited it was also far more common to see Feelings, both new and used.
Several dealers openly admitted they cannot see how Hymer can now warrant the cost of a Touring against a Feeling and in fact other makes such as Hobby. questioning the build quality of the Tourings.

Colin

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:36 pm
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

You may be right, Colin.. I only spoke to the lady from 3A's so made an assumption, but in hindsight, that may have been hasty..

And by looking here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=521VgkmIBmo (a slightly lengthy watch, but there is a Feeling segment about 4 minutes in - you may have already seen it)

The stand was clearly 'branded' Eriba..And if my memory serves, I dont recall the spec and pricing posters by each van was 'branded' by a supplier...

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:30 pm

Thanks for the link, I had not seen it previously. I have to admit that one thing I do like about the 2023 Tourings are the new blinds.

Colin

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12516 topics and 105598 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1