WANTED 22MY ROCKABILLY - ADVERT WITHDRAWN #23

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:42 pm
by Tincanners (deleted)

Hello lovely EribaFolk.... particularly you Rockabilly owners.

As the subject matter states we're searching for a 22 model year Rockabilly if you're thinking of selling yours.

Must have a good selection of factory specification, including Thule Awning / Bike Rack and recommended Reich Auto Movers.

We've already reached out to the UK dealers, in the knowledge of what 22my new old stock and 1 year old pre-loved are available.

Ideally looking for someone who purchased a Rockabilly last year, in having a change of heart, selling as a whole package as this will be our 1st Eriba.

We have been offered an Ocean Drive which meets all our requirements, only my lovely dear wife has her heart set on a Rockabilly hence this shout out.

Budget depends on factory specification, if you own the perfect Rockabilly we're looking to invest up to 26k as a private sale.

Must be 22MY as new 1 owner CRiS registered with no outstanding finance.

Please indicate interest in sending a private message.

Thank You.
Roy.

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Tue May 09, 2023 6:52 pm | Scroll up

RE: WANTED 22MY Rockabilly

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:49 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

Long shot from July but not showing sold

https://www.facebook.com/groups/eriba/pe...210254732477592

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:37 pm
by Tincanners (deleted)

Thanks Steve and Debbie... As yet not members of Eriba FB groups.

I'm sure Eriba FB group members check in here now and then, in seeing this post.

Appreciate the reply and help in our quest for a Rockabilly.... So far so good, but still looking.

Roy and Clare.

Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:43 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

I suspect most FB users don't come here so get on there if you want to increase your chances of finding your very specific requirements! Would you be prepared to come to Europe to find one? https://www.truckscout24.fr/details-vehi...vane/20223708/2

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.

likes this post!
Last edited Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:00 am | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:18 am
by eribaMotters | 5.319 Posts

Hi Roy and welcome. A few things spring to mind with your search for that perfect van. Eribas have not traditionally sold in large numbers so the chance of that perfect, ticks all boxes van turning up is fairly slim. I suspect you will have to compromise on something.
If you have a wanted post here, on Facebook and the other forum then any genuine vans out there that are available should be apparent very soon.
Failing that, the van above in mainland Europe may be perfect for you and should not be discounted, but you will have to jump through a lot of hoops. Unfortunately buying from abroad is not as simple as it used to be before Brexit. We bought from Belgium in 2007 when it was a breeze. Oh, the weak Euro also helped.
If you have been offered an Ocean Drive that meets your specification and the price is correct this may need to be the compromise you will have to make.
You will probably find in the next month or so that more vans will filter on the for sales scene, but equally the demand will increase as will prices.
As regards CRIS registration, this is still unusual for Eriba vans, although a few members have followed this route.

Best of luck with the search - Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

likes this post!
Last edited Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:19 am | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:40 am
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Hi Roy. Steve (and Debbie) has asked the quesion of the Eribafolk Facebook Member regarding the Rockabilly.

In case you can't link to the ad in question this is what the seller has to say.

Michael Cooper
For sale Eriba Troll 530 Rockabilly 2020
Gas CH
Water Heater
Extras include:
GT Touring pack
Air awning
Reich motor mover
Thule awning
New Protec Cover
Asking price £26000

We'll keep an eye open for one for you. Surprisingly there have been a few over the past 18 months probably where people bought in haste when they had to make do with holidaying in the UK and then sold them on when Europe re-opened. You wouldn't believe the number of people who do not consider an Eriba as the great vehicle for touring in. It's probably the best option of all.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

likes this post!
Last edited Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:43 am | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:59 pm
by Tincanners (deleted)

Hello Islay Corbel,

Thank you for your reply, you're right regarding Facebook groups. We've
pretty much covered all the bases that we're comfortable with. Those
already advertising Eribas for sale use many different web platforms.
For sure our requirements are specific; this is going to be an investment
of many years, after all.

Back in the day purchasing through Europe was viable, not so much now.
Although nice to to see what's available in Europe. Mobile.de also have an
interesting selection of Rockabilly and Ocean Drive on offer; somewhat
frustrating here in the UK. We've been here before regarding this.

Roy and Clare.

Last edited Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:43 pm | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:17 pm
by Tincanners (deleted)

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your reply, some valid points... The said Ocean Drive is on the back burner so to speak.

Purchasing via Europe back in the day was a option, not so now. UK dealerships are on the increase.

Interesting about CRiS registration, we would certainly follow this route, we would require a proof of
purchase without.

Thanks,
Roy.

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:32 pm
by Tincanners (deleted)

Hi Randa,

Thanks for the reply and heads up... and to Steve and Debbie for asking the FB question.

Good spec for a 2020 MY although we're looking for a 22MY pre-loved or 22MY New old stock.

Totally agree with your comments, many purchased Eriba in haste wanting to sell on, shame as
a great little touring van we think, together with our VW Bus.

Roy and Clare

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:12 pm
by Tincanners (deleted)

After all the friendly advice today, thought we'd post an update...
Thanks to all.... A great forum EribaFolk.

Dear EribaFolk,

Rest assured we've done due diligence on this, we're on UK dealership
waiting list of which I must say all the dealers have been marvellous in
their response being very friendly, open and informative which is great.

Interesting that dealership feedback on sales, report more Ocean Drive
being Sold mainly in the South with less Rockabilly numbers being Sold
mainly in the North. Ocean Drive appears to be the best seller overall.

We were also advised a scramble for early versions meant less specification
generally, plus a learning curve for some new dealerships coming onboard
being uncertain in what to order specification wise resulting in some basic
models on the forecourt, albeit at more affordable prices. The 22 MY that
we seek are now generally well specified to UK market.

For those reading this, in wanting a Rockabilly or Ocean drive, reach out to
the UK dealer network they are available once you get into a conversation.
Eriba dealers seem more keen to release stock now the all new Eriba are
inbound, however some report major factory delays in said all new stock.

The Compromise : Ocean Drive;
We have been offered a pre-loved 22MY Ocean Drive with previous owners
reverting back to a Motorhome. Another new old stock Ocean Drive being
the 22MY we seek, we're in no immediate rush however understand that
dealers are also proactive in seeking and purchasing desirable Eriba stock.

So far so good, we're chilled on finding a 22MY Rockabilly. If you're thinking
of selling yours then please do get in touch via private message.

Thank You.
Roy and Clare.

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:06 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.319 Posts

I'm guessing you are aware of the nice spec 2021 model that has just been advertised at ALV.
https://www.adventurelv.com/used/caravan...ckabilly-10851/

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

likes this post!
Last edited Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:07 pm | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:12 pm
by Tincanners (deleted)

Hi Colin

Thank You.. Yes spotted ALV x2 Rockabilly all very encouraging, reckon they'll sell fairly quickly.

We are past customers of ALV. They know us well, in being particular, in being specific on factory
options and requirements. We're on ALV waiting list, along with all other UK Eriba dealerships.

Presently only the 22MY Ocean Drives offered meet our specific requirements, again encouraging
that late model units with high specification are available. I can further add to this post we located
Brand New / Old Stock of Rockabilly and Ocean Drive being 22MY at Knowepark Scotland.

The decision now; do we push the budget for 22MY New Old Stock or continue the wait for a pre-
loved unit that meets our requirements with a budget 'up to' £26k depending on specification.

The conversation continues.

Roy and Clare

PS: Please see our profile for specification required.

VW campervan owners seeking our very 1st Eriba.
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:25 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:30 pm
by Tincanners (deleted)

Hi Steve and Debbie,

Thanks... Yes seen these also, most if not all advertised we've seen or spoken to. Its
the not yet advertised, thinking of selling that meet specifications, be it private or as
part exchange into Eriba dealerships we seek.

3A lesuire Rockabilly does not have the required 10 litre Gas/Electric water heater.

Highbridge advert although live, is 11 months out of date with this Rockabilly long Sold.
Spoken with Highbridge asking to update the advert as Sold some time ago. Interestingly
their 22MY Rockabillys had the specifications we seek....Missed that boat, as long sailed.

If any Highbridge 22MY Rockabilly owners thinking of selling, please get in touch by PM.

Roy and Clare

VW campervan owners seeking our very 1st Eriba.
Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:04 pm
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Roy.

This has come up on Facebook Market Place Today. Any good to you?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/ite...erce_attachment

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Steve and Debbie and like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12532 topics and 105723 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3