Front draw bar cover

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:46 pm
by Adrian Reeves | 50 Posts

Well I must say I am well chuffed with the new front aluminium valance. This bit of kit it made from 5mm aluminium smooth to allow you to customise, i.e. paint, clear lacquer or rap. This is still in it’s just out of the box stage. I have some modifications to do. More pictures to follow.

We could market this as the fabricator is willing to manufacture it.

Ps

The cost for these with a small profit for me will sell for around £180 plus recorded delivery.

The cost for tracked Royal Mail will be £17 including packaging etc. U.K. Europe will be £38 plus taxes if required.

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 13FA80A9-B708-4A0D-93A4-DFA1130F4C6C.jpeg 
 217E445E-265E-4B53-9079-28AF551ECC90.jpeg 

Scroll up

RE: Front draw bar cover

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:02 pm
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

Adrian Reeves says:-

I think my version of the Front Draw Bar Cover is much better then the original one!
Almost there folks, just waiting on the extra long grease nipples to arrive, and we could be looking at getting some manufactured and on there way to you.

I have ironed out the issue of fittings for the new draw bar cover and just putting pen to paper for the fitting instructions.
I will be testing is out next week as we are off to Avimore for a few days.
I will post again soon with details of payment etc.
I have been asked if I could supply the checker plate version, but my fabricator is offering the smooth version only.

ad 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)ad 02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)ad 03.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

ad 04.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:10 pm

Today Adrian Reeves has posted these pics and comments.

As promised folks. I tested the cover this week and it all works fine.
I have taken pictures with tape measure, measurements as you see with the picture side by side the new one is identical. Mine is the prototype so ignore the holes were the grease nipples are, yours will be drilled out to allow you to grease them.
Measure yours to see if this fits!
If you want to go head with your purchase use the PM system as I can chat with you if you need help installing it etc and give you bank details etc.
We will be looking at a 4 week delivery as the company that is fabricating them have a number of large contracts so they will fit them in as and when. I will keep you informed every step of the way.
Adrian

AR 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)AR 01 a.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)AR 02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

AR 03.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)AR 04.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)AR 05.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

AR 06.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)AR 07.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)AR 08.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

AR 09.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)AR 10.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)AR 11.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Simboc2004, aquavit, John Cross and dinky like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:44 pm
by Simboc2004 | 650 Posts

Very interested in this all replacement panel, however i am slightly confused by your measurements as to the length of the new panel. My cover is 17" from the the front to where it meets the rear panel - photo attached. Can you confirm yours will fit?

Thanks,
Simon

Attached pictures:
 IMG_6113.JPG 

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Adrian Reeves and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:26 am

Sorry for confusion but yes it’s the same at 17inch so yes it will fit.

Cheers

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:31 am | Scroll up

Draw Bar Cover

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:21 pm

I have created a Facebook page to discuss the cover etc.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/15350964...p_link&exp=93fa

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Draw Bar Cover

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:03 am

Adrian Reeves says:-

The first fitting has been completed of the draw bar cover. I think it looks good. But I would say that 😉 this was fitted to a 2010 Troll.

Adrian Reeves.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Adrian Reeves and Simboc2004 like this post!
Last edited Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:06 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:48 am

Can't wait for the one I ordered from Adrian to arrive. Looks great in that photo!

Adrian Reeves likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 12, 2023 9:16 am

I have now installed my new draw bar cover provided by Adrian. Firstly, having removed jockey wheel, etc. as in the instructions, I bent out the rear flanges the new cover to match the taper on the dimpled aluminium trim cover between caravan and drawbar. Then I degreased it and sealed it with several coats of gloss acrylic lacquer. I found that it was necessary to strike a compromise as to how far forward to set the cover - It had to go fairly far forward to accommodate the grease nipples in an accessible position, however this left a gap between the two rear parts of the fairing.

For the fitting process I swapped the bolts supplied for stainless steel "cheesehead" allen bolts with nyloc nuts with give a smarter, smoother finish in my view, adding large penny washers on the underside. I found the new part was so accurate that I didn't need the edge trim at the front. I also removed the plastic c-section part - that holds the front of the cover down to the drawbar - and glued that on to the new cover. This stops any tendency for the cover to spring up a bit (due to my inaccuracy with the fitting, I think). Everything else went exactly as described. Looks fabulous and is far sturdier than the original.

Attached pictures:
 IMG_6934.JPG 
 IMG_6942.JPG 
 IMG_6943.JPG 
 IMG_6944.JPG 
 IMG_6947.JPG 
 IMG_6953.JPG 

eribaMotters and dinky like this post!
Last edited Fri May 12, 2023 9:17 am | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105666 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2