Hello - new here

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:05 pm
by Melmel74 (deleted)

Hello everyone - am pleased to have found this site. I'm about to become an Eriba Puck owner, having spent most of my life thoroughly enjoying tent camping and vowing never to get a caravan. I spent some time saving up and looking at many YouTube videos, deciding I don't want a washroom and patiently waiting for something to come up that was reasonably local to me. So I will be getting a lovely little 1996 Eriba Puck and am excited to think about all the trips to come where I can still have that 'camping in a tent' feel without pulling my back hammering in tent pegs.
What I hadn't thought about at all was that it could prove tricky to find a local storage place as I don't have a drive and didn't want to end up in a row with my neighbours. I managed to find somewhere - bit of a shock at the price for where I live but want to keep her somewhere safe after spending time saving my pennies.
As I'm sure there must be loads of other things I haven't thought of please can you share your top tips / essential prep I need to do before collecting her on the 18th March. Thank you!

GT runner and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Hello - new here

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:17 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Welcome to the forum and Eriba ownership.
Early advice:- towbar, number plate and sticky things to fit it, insurance [Try Ripe, Cover4Caravans, Lifesure, Comfort, Grove & Dean]. With a Puck there is always debate on whether you need towing mirrors. If the back of your car is wider than the Eriba then legally you do not, but the extra visibility given by [Milenco are a good choice] Finally don't rush out and buy anything to go inside the van, use your camping bits for the first trip away [near home]

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

and scouteralf like this post!
Last edited Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:05 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:45 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:26 am
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Tom and Margaret

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:44 am
by Julie Grafo | 3.465 Posts

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:38 am
by granddadgrape | 1.562 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:33 am
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Morphy

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 18 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0