Motor mover for Puck L (225 Touring GT)

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:06 am
by Mountaindreamer (deleted)

Hello can anyone advise me on where I might find someone to fit a Reich motor mover to a Puck L? My local mechanic will not do it, but I am aware that there are many fitted to Pucks. I'm based in South West Hertfordshire. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Scroll up

RE: Motor mover for Puck L (225 Touring GT)

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:40 am
by eribaMotters | 5.300 Posts

Hi Craig and welcome to the forum. Try these two companies. They are used to fitting to an Eriba. The price will be higher than you would have hoped for as special brackets are needed to fit the non standard Eriba chassis. Reich has been the norm for most owners over recent years, but I'd consider the Powrtouch. The E-Move is a popular fit in Europe, so also worth considering.
https://www.caravanmoversonline.co.uk/index.html
https://www.midlandmotormovers.co.uk/

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:17 am

Thanks, I have tried Midland Motor Movers and they won't fit to a Puck. I'll give the other one a go though.

My understanding is the space under the chassis is less on a Puck than other Eribas. Therefore some fitters won't do the work as they are worried about the caravan grounding in a rut and damaging the motor mover. Not sure that anyone has actually had this problem though.

Craig

Last edited Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:20 am | Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:48 am
by eribaMotters | 5.300 Posts

Craig did you tell them a Puck [as your comment above] or a Puck L. I know owners have had them fitted to both models but they do differ.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:20 pm

Yes, I am being clear about the model. I just called motor movers online and their response was the same, in fact they said the only company they knew fitted to Eribas was midland motor movers. So I think finding an independent through other Puck owners is my best bet?

Doonhamer likes this post!
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:48 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Our mover is so close to the ground, I was convinced it would get caught on speed bumps etc. But, so far, so good. Movers are life-changing LOL I hope you get yours sorted soon.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 28 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12516 topics and 105598 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6