RE: New Members

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:17 am
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

Hi Rupert.

I'm asking about a Puck on our Facebook page which is a couple of hours up country from you. It's a 1990 model and he's owned it for a couple of years now. He is up-sizing. He has done some work on the underside of it but he seems genuine enough. He posts about his travels with his Puck regulalry.

He's asking for £4800 for it (a bit low in my opinion). I can find out more if you're interested.

Is the Puck the right one for you or could you perhaps consider a Puck L? it's a tad longer and is very roomy.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:18 am
by granddadgrape | 1.562 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:24 pm
by Rupe440 | 14 Posts

Hi Randa,

Thank you so much for your help and information.

I think the Puck L would be ideal. I've tried to find out on the Internet about the shipping length, are they similar or is the L much longer?

Many thanks,

Rupert

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:25 pm
by Rupe440 | 14 Posts

Hi Liz and Alan, thank you for the welcome.
Rupert

granddadgrape likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:00 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.465 Posts

According to a 2008 brochure I have the overall length of the Puck 120 is 425 cm, the PuckL is 475 cm.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:44 pm
by Rupe440 | 14 Posts

Hi Julie, that is brilliant, thank you. The PuckL would be perfect.
Many thanks,
Rupert

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:48 am

To give you a comparison Rupert, there follows a link to:-

a 1996 Puck L:- https://www.eribacaravansales.co.uk/erib...-l-1996-sold-2/

And a 1996 Puck:- https://www.eribacaravansales.co.uk/eriba-puck-1996-sold-3/

Alas both are sold.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:40 pm
by Rupe440 | 14 Posts

Hi Randa, thank you that is really useful. We are off on Sunday to have a look at a Puck L 225 GT. We have actually put a deposit down, so hopefully all is good. Is there anything particular to look out for?
Thanks again,
Rupert

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:16 pm

The biggest issue with all Eribas is the bottom perimeter rail made from 1" x 1" box section. It's mentioned recently on another thread. Also use your nose to detect if there's any dampness on board. Look behind curtains and inside locker boxes. Check for bouncy floor.

Get them to start the fridge and cooker for you. I presume they'll have a gas bottle. Check the pop top and the fabric condition. The age of the tyres? They should be less than 5 years old.

Are you buying it privately or from a Dealer? If a dealer, who are they?.

Beware of Rust.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:21 pm
by Rupe440 | 14 Posts

It is a private seller. Only a couple of hours away. Thank you for the information and check list, that is so useful.
Thank you so much for all your help.
Rupert

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:41 pm

Is the seller an Eribafolk member?
They obviously don't have to be but most Eriba owners are very attached to their vans even if they are having to sell them. There is often a good reason.
Randa

Last edited Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:42 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:16 pm

Have you seen this one Rupert?

Eriba Puck L225 2002

Randa

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:39 pm
by Rupe440 | 14 Posts

Hi Randa,
I have messaged the person on the forum and via Gumtree. I got a message back via gumtree, that it was still available but no other replies to my messages. The strange thing is, I think it is that Puck we are going to see tomorrow, different location and quite a bit more money.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:42 pm

Strange. If it is then it's a bit naughty of the seller.
Randa

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:12 pm
by ChipmonkUK (deleted)

Hi. Thanks for the welcome.

I’m not an owner yet but on the verge of committing to a lovely Puck L I’ve seen.

I’m certain to be picking your brains and experience with probably very silly questions. Apologies in advance.

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 16 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3