Skirt

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:52 pm
by monoboard | 351 Posts

Hi folks
I have a 320 GT, regarding skirt size/drop does it normally come in a few different drops ?
Question 2, do most people cut a letterbox slit for the step. I'm wondering if it's worth bothering or not. i have a shadow sun canopy & Jormax wind brake & was just thinking it might help

Last edited Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:39 pm | Scroll up

RE: Skirt

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:07 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

I bought a length to use with my small blow up awning for when it's raining. I bought a generic version of e-bay. It comes in two heights, the taller being for motor homes. I went for this height version as it means the blocker goes a good distance under your awning carpet/groundsheet and will not need to be pegged down. If you buy the "correct" height caravan version you will need to peg it.
In the past I've cut the slot into the skirt, but I did not not bother this time. It is not easy to do a really neat job and I've found a portable lightweight step is the easier option. It also means fewer drafts when the wind picks up.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
monoboard, Captain Calamity and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:40 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

I'm like Colin and decided against cutting a space for the step to go through the skirt with our Troll. I didn't trust that I would make a clean and neat job of it.

I bought a single step but had to change it to a double. I was alright stepping into the van but with two artificial hips I found I was a bit unsteady stepping down out of the van. I also bought a stronger metal legged step instead of the lightweight one. I found this was really useful to give me extra height when erecting the heavy Kampa Popair Awning.

I like Colin's cunning plan of getting the taller skirt and doing away with pegging by having the extra length to go further under the carpet.

MikeT

Captain Calamity likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:12 pm
by Captain Calamity | 342 Posts

I’d endorse Mike’s choices. A lightweight double step helps with feeding in the Popair awning and means no cut out in the skirt. We have the slightly deeper skirt so no need to peg it down. Our set-up is, less than three nights - shadow, three or more - pop air pro.
Capn C

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:15 am
by Randa france | 12.872 Posts

Yes, the deeper skirt for us too. I won't talk about our step as many folk already know about it
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:00 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

We are also like the good Capn in using the Shadow for short visits and the Pop Air for longer.!

However if it is getting towards very cold winter weather or heavy rain is forecast we swap the Shadow for the Suncamp Swift Vareo lightweight awning. This is quick to erect and gives that extra protection.

We even had a couple of strange mornings using the Vareo in York in late November when the early morning sun shone straight through the front window, melted the frost and enabled me to have breakfast in the awning in my shorts..............!!!!

MikeT

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:16 am
by Simboc2004 | 650 Posts

I am clearly the joker in the pack, because I have cut two vertical slits in the skirt and I feed the isolated section through the built-in step, then tuck it under. It has the added bonus of telling me how far to feed the skirt to when installing it. Works well for us (so far) with our Pop Air Pro. I have a re-purposed German beer crate as a portable step/carrying storage, but find I don't need it to help install the awning in the rail as I can reach OK for that on my 2005 Triton (I am 6' tall)...

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:10 pm
by Ronnie | 68 Posts

When using our Isabella canopy and windbreaks we don’t bother with the skirt anymore as it seemed to make little difference. We use the underside of the van for storing a couple of fold flat plastic boxes. We only use a skirt with the full awning. A couple of cuts for the fitted step works well.

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 35 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105657 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0