Veneer trentino pear

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:40 pm
by Mike Edwards | 6 Posts

We have some damage to our 2017 Touring furniture that I’d like to repair. I’ve done some googling and think the veneer is trentino pear. Does anyone know where I can purchase some veneer sheets?

Scroll up

RE: Veneer trentino pear

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:09 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.310 Posts

Unfortunately Mike I believe it is not real wood. If you do decide to scrape off the offending plastic I believe the closest you would get on a colour and grain match would be American Cherry. Red Steamed Beech would also be worth considering.
As a source of the small quantity you would need I'd advise driving around your local industrial estates to find an independent small joinery shop. They may have some odd ends of veneer leaves and if not would be able to advise on a veneering shop.
When I lived just outside Southend on Sea in Essex I used this company a few times. https://www.regencyveneers.co.uk/contact

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:57 am
by Mike Edwards | 6 Posts

Hi Colin

I’ve seen on YouTube that rather than scrape off the paper veneer off you can fill the scratch and then paper over the entire panel. I believe this is possible as it’s a paper veneer rather than an actual wood veneer.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:33 am
by eribaMotters | 5.310 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I'd be interested to see how you get on. I'd imagine it would be a self adhesive "sticky back plastic" type fablon from the days of old. Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153416555159?...3ABk9SR4KJ_8XuY
Or a spray mount applied product.

Colin

Please don't ask me why the link goes to German. I think it might be to do with how the forum is hosted

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:34 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:47 am
by Simboc2004 | 650 Posts

There's a a sawmill in Norwich called A&W Cushion (that I use regularly) that has a good supply of veneers, but these are, obviously, real wood and they would change colour with light exposure and time. There's also a UK based online provider called woodveneerforu.co.uk.

Alternatively, there are several businesses selling wood veneer paper on Etsy. Not large pieces, though... How large an area do you need to cover?

There's a company in the USA called Real Wood Paper (realwoodpaper.com to find their website) who sell lots of paper, or fleece, or wood backed veneers (up to 11" x 17"). I'm not sure if they would send to the UK. I'm guessing there must be a similar European based company. Northern Italy is home to most of Europe's engineered board production (which is why COVID hammered the MDF and plywood industry in Europe from early 2020), so I'm guessing that's where the printed wood grain production is likely to be carried out too..? Trentino is a northern area of italy, so that makes sense too.

For rolls of fake wood paper search "Wood contact paper" or "wood effect sticky backed plastic" on Amazon. Loads of colours and patterns of wood grain come up...

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Last edited Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:52 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:03 am

Just found vinylwarehouse.co.uk. Worth a look - big sizes available from them. Most of what they sell (a huge range) is marketed by an American company D-C-Fix (dcfixbrand.com), but is made in Germany...

the 90cm wide "Calvados" looks a similar colour to the 2109 Eriba brochure

Last edited Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:49 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:20 am

The German link led me to Egger.com. A huge range of wood finish vinyls. See attached screenshot - just some of their range...!

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 10.19.23.png 

Last edited Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:50 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:31 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:27 pm

Encouraged by this discussion, I bought some self adhesive American Cherry laminate from The Wood Veneer Hub (recommended in the previous post) to repair some trim in my 2005 Triton where the veneer had been damaged. It is brilliant! I sanded down the original piece until I had almost removed the old veneer, then I removed the back paper, carefully stuck it down and pressed firmly to get it well adhered. then a trim around with a sharp blade. It was a little bit pinker than the original, so I varnished it with a solvent based polyurethane varnish and it brought the colour to just about spot on. When I fit it back to the caravan I will publish a final photo on here, but here, anyway, are the "in production" photos: first 2 are of the original damaged piece, 3rd is of the sanded down trim piece. 4th is of the new veneer fitted to the original piece, 5th is of the final trim after varnishing to correct the colour.

Further photo to come when I have reinstalled the trim above the entry/exit door...

As a tip, I photographed a number of areas of the wood trim in my van on my iPhone, then I viewed the image and edited it - changing the lightness and colour balance, mainly - until it looked just like the real finish. This gave me a much better template for finding and then producing a matching piece of trim.

Attached pictures:
 IMG_6979.JPG 
 IMG_6980.JPG 
 IMG_6982.JPG 
 IMG_6983.JPG 
 IMG_7003.jpg 

eribaMotters likes this post!
Last edited Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:31 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:54 am
by Poptop320 | 2.608 Posts

If the damage is minor like a deep scratch you can you can use coloured furniture wax which will fill the gap.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Briwax-FILLER-S...aps%2C95&sr=8-4

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:56 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 10, 2023 12:41 pm

Here's my re-veneered trim strip in situ. Maybe fractionally darker than the original, but I don't think anyone would notice who didn't know...

Attached pictures:
 IMG_7011.jpg 

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 27 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12524 topics and 105667 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3