Rusty sink retaining screws

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:21 am
by Captain Carbunkle (deleted)

Continuing with fixing stuff, I needed to remove the sink in our 2007 Troll, only to find the screws had rusted. Difficult to remove, replacements were needed which would not damage the plastic retaining clips. Amazon stainless steel 3mm x 35mm chipboard screws fit and should last a few more years.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Rusty sink retaining screws

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:19 am
by eribaMotters | 5.308 Posts

Ian the 3 is the gauge or diameter of the thread in mm. See if you can check the diameter of the head as the screws used by Hymer seem to have a small head for the gauge size. I found this out when replacing top cupboard hinge screws.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

RE: Rusty sink retaining screws

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:37 pm
by Captain Carbunkle (deleted)

3mm is the screw diameter. Yes the head is slightly larger than the original, and the threaded end of the original had been machined free of thread but these I could not source.
With care the little rubber inserts still fit in the sink recess over the larger heads. Our screws were so corroded that the head and crossed slot for the screwdriver had all but disappeared.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 41 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105655 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2