7kg Propane gas bottle for our 2007 eriba

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:26 pm
by malcolmR (deleted)

Hi There We have a Triton 420 2007, our 2 butane 4.5 gas bottles are going to be replaced eventually when empty. Our front gas locker I think will house a butane 7kg or a propane 6kg bottle. We have a hose connected directly to a fixed installed pipe, with the regulator on the other end. The regulator will have to be obviously changed with the chosen replacement bottle. A propane replacement regulator is 29mbar but the propane regulator is 35mbar, yet inside the locker is a yellow sticker that shows 30 mbar which i assume is max pressure. So would the propane be too large in mbar to fit a bit confused .com as i here so many other eriba folk using the 6kg propane bottle on the same unit. i know some people have a fixed regulator in the locker, where as ours is on the end of the orange pipe. help and advice welcome.

Scroll up

RE: 7kg Propane gas bottle for our 2007 eriba

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:15 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

Malcolm, your 2007 caravan should be fitted with a 30mb bulkhead regulator to conform to its original BS EN1949 installation (specification for the installation of LPG systems for habitation purposes in leisure accommodation vehicles).

Truma/Gok Regulator (or equivalent).

The bulkhead regulator can then be connected to either a butane or propane cylinder by using the appropriate 450mm long pigtail hose:

Propane pigtail

Butane Pigtail

30mb is the actual working pressure of your caravan's appliances, not their maximum pressure.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:17 pm | Scroll up

RE: 7kg Propane gas bottle for our 2007 eriba

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:38 pm
by malcolmR (deleted)

We bought it 6 years ago and that is how it came with a hose from the pipe to the butane regulator on to the bottle. It was not mentioned at its last service.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 28 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12538 topics and 105761 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0