Eriba Familia pop top delamination

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon May 29, 2023 7:17 pm
by Eribaroz (deleted)

Thank you for accepting us to the group. We have had our Eriba for several years, it is an older model 1993 during our last trip the pop top separated from the interior. As we cant find anyone to repair it, has anyone any idea how we can fix it.

Suggestions gratefully received.

Thank you,

Ros

Many thanks

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Eriba Familia pop top delamination

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon May 29, 2023 7:56 pm
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

Hi Ros and welcome to Eribafolk.
The issue you talk about is not uncommon on earlier Eribas although I though Hymer had cured it by altering the roof design by around 1991.
Sorry but I don't know how to link on my phone but if you put "Pop up roof issue on my Bali" into the search box you'll get thr probable reason why it's happened.
The cure is to get it re- glued, try a fibreglass bonding garage, rally cars etc and get bigger aluminium angles fitted.
Many folk have re-glued it themselves.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

RE: Eriba Familia pop top delamination

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon May 29, 2023 9:12 pm
by Eribaroz (deleted)

Hi,

Thank you Randa, we did think we could rebond the roof but not sure how without removing the frame which may require removal of head lining? Thanks for the link which seems to confirm our thoughts that we need to extend the fixing.

Ros

Last edited Mon May 29, 2023 9:20 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2