bathroom tap not starting the pump

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue May 30, 2023 12:25 pm
by Simboc2004 | 658 Posts

Since getting my 2005 Triton out this year, the bathroom tap no longer gets the pump to start (last year it worked absolutely perfectly). I can hear the microswitch clicking, but no pump start up (I have an external aquaroll with submersible pump). The kitchen tap starts the pump up fine. If I crack the kitchen tap open a bit (just flowing), then open the bathroom tap, it then flows water like normal.

is this likely to be a microswitch failure, or is there likely to be an inline fuse somewhere?

Just trying to narrow down the options...

Thanks in anticipation,
Simon

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

RE: bathroom tap not starting the pump

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:55 pm

Have replaced the relay - and it's not that, so it's looks like it's the microswitch in the washroom tap that has gone. Anyone help with a make/model of the tap that's fitted?

Having managed to unscrew and get it some of the way out, it looks like a new tap is needed, as the microswitch is buried inside.

is it better to buy a more modern one? It doesn't need to fold flat like the old one...

Cold water only.

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 IMG_7486.JPG 

Last edited Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:00 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:01 pm

Aha! have identified it as a Reich Trend A. Somewhat pricey, though...

and have now discovered it comes in 27mm or 33mm "hole fitment" size... Hope I've ordered the right one!

PooleDweller likes this post!
Last edited Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:53 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:31 am

So, new tap arrived very quickly. The pipe fitting was much shorter than the original, so there's an extra join in the pipe run now. I was horrified how black the original pipe had become where it ran out of sight to the inlet point. I had, of course, bought the wrong hole size fitting - it should have been the 27mm version - I had bought the 33mm. So, a quick enlargement of the hole with a hole saw and all installed and working fine. I took the opportunity to tidy up and refresh the cable runs under the bathroom sink, as well as making sure all connection blocks ("Choc block" as my father always called it) were wrapped in insulating tape to avoid stray water ingress,

Moral: always remember to run a Milton mix through the pipework every season (probably both at start and finish of season), not just use it to sterilise the water tank...

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:43 pm
by tanky (deleted)

Hi, I have just purchased a Puck GT 120 2006 and had the a similar problem only in my case it was a leaking tap.. An absolute night mare to get at the choc block and the tap however after many attempts managed to get myself under the sink area and removed and replaced a new tap. At the same time extending the wiring to make life easer in the future. All seems ok. But for some reason the previous owner had placed the water container in the front box next to the gas bottle?
Not sure what to do about it.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:00 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Chris, I think the idea was to free up some valued internal space. Possible problems with the tank being outside are:-
- freezing - but do you plan to camp in such weather.
- lost space for a 2nd gas bottle - would a 2nd fit and if it did do you really need two bottles - you cannot see how much water is left
- if it was to run out then you would have to go outside anyway to get water.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:30 pm

Mine's an external Aquaroll with submersible pump. Works really well and I wouldn't give up the internal space for an onboard tank or two. I have a padded and silvered cover that goes over the Aquaroll and it worked well at 40C last year - haven't tried it at low temperatures as that's just not our "thing"...

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 30 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0