Hello all!

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:48 am
by Dave (deleted)

Just acquired a 2008 Puck 120 - its is perfect for use as accommodation behind our trade stand at festivals (handmade mandolins and guitars.. anyone? :) as we can squeeze it in the allotted space. We plan some out of season trips into the wild as well. It had been stored in barn usused and was filthy - after a cleaning frenzy relieved to find it in good condition beneath it all.

I know theres a lot of great info on this forum, but while I'm here... a couple of questions... :)

The canvas valance round the pop-top - it is pretty grubby still, I dont suppose its at all easy to remove and wash? Just gentle washing while attached I guess.

There are circular vents (60mm dia, mesh screen) through the floor in the underseat lockers that are open to the road - is this standard or might they have been retrofitted for some reason? It just seems likely that road spray would come up into the locker.

Also, it came with the Soplair awning which has never been used... this makes me suspicious looking at the instructions as it looks pretty complicated to set up! Maybe not, we'll give it a go but are these good awnings?

thanks for letting me in to this forum - best wishes dave

Morphy and Randa france like this post!
Last edited Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:38 pm | Scroll up

RE: Hello all!

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:16 am
by Islay | 220 Posts

It sounds like you've found a little gem. I can't help you with the rest. Someone will be along soon. The awnings are very good.

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:40 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Hiya and welcome our first Eriba was a puck really enjoyed the awnings can be a bit of a faff to put up.If you search the site on cleaning there are lots of tips one here.
Good luck with your Puck Morphy

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:42 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.465 Posts

As Steve (Morphy) said there is a complete description of cleaning the canvas in situ or removing it. Removed ours once, wouldn’t do it again, really hard work. Most important thing is get the right products otherwise you risk losing the waterproof nature of the canvas.
Once you get your Soplair awning up try colour coding the poles, we used electrical tape in about 5 different colours, makes it so much easier the next time.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:02 pm
by Dave (deleted)

Thanks for that, usefull - and I found someone on youtube who will show you how to put the Soplaire up!

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:06 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Welcome Dave. Cleaning the pop top fabric has been covered in detail and if you use the forum search facility you will find lots of info. In the meantime give it a good dry scrub with one hand whilst having the vacuum cleaner in the other.
The vents through the floor are a standard fit and needed in case you gave a gas leak.
The Soplair awning is a good quality traditional frame awning. First time around you will swear a lot and probably argue with your lovely assistant over about 3/4 hour. Once you've got the hang of it all will be done in about 20 minutes. Try and find space to attempt putting the thing up before you go to a campsite.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Last edited Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:48 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:38 am
by granddadgrape | 1.562 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:23 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Welcome to the site Dave - you've got some good advice already.

The vents in the floor are really important if you have to sleep with the pop top down in very windy weather and give you that necessary ventilation. In freezing weather they can let some very cold air in but would not be tempted to cover them.

Colin's advice about the awning is sound. The more you do it the simpler it becomes. Julies colour coding poles with leccy tape worked for us when we had framed awnings. A line from a Jason Isbell song strikes a cord here about putting up awnings - "it gets easier, but never gets easy" .................sums up poled awnings.

Have a great time with your van

MikeT

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:33 pm
by tanky (deleted)

Hi dave, I had a 2008 puck 120 gt in 2012 which came from Leisure first and came with a awning which was a soplair.It was well made and robust although it did need getting use to so we marked up various poles ect to refer to on pitching.. I have since moved to a triton and now back to another puck really regretting selling my first Puck.
chris

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0