Keder size adapter?

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:36 pm
by Mike J | 23 Posts

Hi all, the awning channel on my Puck L has an internal diameter of around 8-9mm. It’s perfect for my Isabella Shadow canopy which has a Keder strip diameter of 8mm. However, my Kampa Dometic Pop Air awning has a Keder strip diameter of only 6mm. It’s very loose in the awning channel and has the tendency to ‘unzip’ itself, even in light winds. I use the Isabella clamps on both ends but it still pops out from the centre towards the ends.
I’ve searched online but can’t seems to find any kind of adapter that will convert a 6mm Keder to fit an 8mm rail. Failing that, I may have to buy a suitable length of 8mm Kede strip and get somebody to sew it onto the awning.
I just wonder if anybody has had a similar problem and how you went about solving it?

Scroll up

RE: Keder size adapter?

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:53 pm
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Hi Mike. I've experienced the same think with my Shadow and my ex Clairval Awning.

What I used to do with the awning is rather than using plugs/clamps on the ends of the awning rail, I used to fit guy ropes at each end of the awning Kedar and peg it to the ground so that the Kedar strip and awning was held in tension which stopped it moving sideways all together.

Don't know if it'd work for you or not.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

RE: Keder size adapter?

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:01 pm
by dinky | 211 Posts

will this do
amazon.co.uk/KederUk-Awning-Piping-Keder-Camping/dp/B08J4CPFB9/ref=sr_1_8?crid=1T43WMXW01LBL&keywords=awning+rail+piping&qid=1689703107&sprefix=awning+rail%2Caps%2C503&sr=8-8

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 14 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105704 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1