Corner steadies

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:35 pm
by Johnboy (deleted)

Naive newbie that's me and tomorrow Im picking up my Eriba and dealer is currently closed so I'm asking my question on here and hoping it's not blindingly obvious. Prior to picking it up(triton430) I've been reading up and stressing about how I'm going to get it parked up and level on my 1 in 10 sloping downwards drive. As part of that the corner steadies will be important and I know I mustn't use them as jacks to "lift" the van but I'm now wondering are all 4 corner steadies independently operated or do they work as a pair so when I wind down the rear nearside corner study is that the only one that moves or does it also bring down the other rear corner steady. Like I said slightly dreading getting it home tomorrow and hopefully after that I can enjoying using the little beauty. Thanks in anticipation.

Seat Ateca Triton 430 2023
Scroll up

RE: Corner steadies

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:53 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

John, they are all independent. As your drive is on such a slope I would advise getting a couple of bricks to go underneath the feet where the van van floor is at its highest. That would mean the legs are not at the limit of there travel and less subject to side loads.
I carry some 40mm discs of oak about 150mm diameter for when on site and coming across uneven pitches.
A set of Maypole feet, about £10/12 would also be a good idea.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
cruickie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:53 pm
by dinky | 211 Posts

can also use levelling ramps for wheels, and chocks of wood. for steadies, motorhomes use them. look on amazon for a shape like and get a square gate post from your farming supplier in area. cut to shape lol. label all as your property.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:45 pm
by Johnboy (deleted)

That's really useful thanks. I realise now that I could, once I get down my drive that I could park the van side on (still on slope) which might be better and just seen a milenco caravan leveller which means I could lift one side of van, put some stacks under the legs and seems a good, non moveable solution?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:57 am
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

Note that once you apply the brake the van will move back about 6" to fully apply the brake. I am assuming you will have a mover. These are very useful where slopes are involved. Ensure that it is fully engaged before carefully taking the brake off.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi

Last edited Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:58 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:28 am
by Johnboy (deleted)

I do have a mover and it worked brilliantly. I’m now parked back down on my sloping drive but I’ve got the handbrake on which I know is not a good idea. Do you think I should disengage the brake with still a downward tilt. I have chicks and raised rear corner steadies on bricks.IMG_0584.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_0584.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:32 am
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

Wheel chocks and all four steadies down should be quite sufficient. Definitely get the handbrake off for any protracted period and also release the mover.

So nice to have your Eriba on your own drive.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:38 am
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

That looks nice. Link for the jack pads Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263944839275

Colin

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:20 pm
by Johnboy (deleted)

Thanks, only other concern is that the metal bit unde the hitch is now in contact with the drive and due to slope could be acting as additional steady if that makes sense. Is it best to have that front piece raised clear of the drive?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:33 pm

The more points of contact with the ground the better as it spreads the load out. Some caravan owners also park the van up when not in use at a slight angle so that water falls off the roof more easily.

Colin

Last edited Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:34 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:18 pm
by dinky | 211 Posts

there a hitch posts (copy and paste) to see examples
amazon.co.uk/s?k=hitch+post&crid=2G0QO4QH7FA6H&sprefix=hitch+post%2Caps%2C342&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
could hitch up the let off the handbrake wheels chocked

Last edited Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:19 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:48 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.119 Posts

It is a good idea to take the handbrake off if you leave the van stored for any length of time and definitely when over wintering.

A lot of us use the tyre savers under the tyres during winter storage to ensure that you don't get flat spots on the tyres. Milenco make some Stacka ones. I can't remember what make ours are, but I leave them on for winter storage on our drive.

If you feel flush you can also get some Milence Stacka feet for your steadies and then get some Stacks raisers that fit into these that you can use if your drive is uneven. they do the same job as Colin's discs of wood but lock into the Stacka feet.

Enjoy your Triton

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:56 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.119 Posts

Oh and you can also get a Stacka jockey Wheel Pocket that can be lfted with the Stacka jack pads - not "raisers " as I said above.............!

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:37 am
by Johnboy (deleted)

Yes good idea I’ve just ordered some. What a bloody good. Forum this is! Thanks guys

dinky likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:48 am
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

These are the ones I bought when I stopped storing the van on axle stands Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392786906285?...ABk9SR6b1vpuwYg

Colin

edit - it is not a German e-bay site. The forum software just decides to be annoying and do that to e-bay links.

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Last edited Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:50 am | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105705 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1