Handbrakes, motor movers & levelling

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:38 pm
by monoboard | 352 Posts

Hi Folks
Here's a question, when levelling your eriba on site typically using a motor mover and levelling wedge. How many people for safety leave the motor mover against the tyre so that it can't roll ? If you apply the usual handbrake they don't work going back till the wheel has done a fair percentage of a revolution due to the auto reverse mechanism and by that point your caravan isn't level any more & you don't always have your caravan at a position on the long wedge where you can install the "Choc" in the ideal position!
i should add we usually use CL sites where they are seldom level

Last edited Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:39 pm | Scroll up

RE: Handbrakes, motor movers & levelling

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:49 pm
by Islay | 215 Posts

Reverse onto your wedge?

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Steve and Debbie and addisb like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:57 pm
by chezmart | 181 Posts

It's not something I would want to do as it is putting considerable force on the mechanism and brackets etc over a long period of time.
Our levelling ramp came with a small wedge that slots into grooves on the ramp so the wheel rolls back into it. It can't move then even without the handbrake on.

2012 Troll 550 - BMW 220d Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:19 pm
by monoboard | 352 Posts

Sometimes depending on where your caravan needs to be on the wedge can be awkward to get the wedge in, I still try some way or another to cram a wedge in and chocking the other side of your caravan of course. I'm always wary of a wedge slipping as well

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:12 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.315 Posts

I motor mover the van up the ramp and then try and insert the ramp specific chock. If it will not slip into the grooves I motor the van forward a little more so the chock will go into place. I then chock opposite wheel front and back, disengage the mover and let the van roll back the 10mm or so against the chock on the ramp.
Only then do I apply the the corner steadies.
Mover is never left engaged and handbrake is never left on.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
chezmart, scouteralf and monoboard like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 14 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105698 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4