Caravan & motorhome club

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:29 am
by P401107 | 23 Posts

Just had 13 nights on new England bay club site. Met Brian and oriana other Eriba heroes, is it me or are the club sites going down the pan. Only one toilet block open 3 toilets 3 showers anex 1 toilet 1 shower on a busy site.Grass long waste bins always full, and the arrogant wardens
Then this morning tried booking nunnykirk another club site no facilities no problems,we use shower tent, only to be told carnt use a shower tent. Even if I put a tray in to catch the water
Replay I got was I carnt be their to police you all the time basically called us lies. Another arrogant rube club worden. So won't be using their sites ever again or renewing membership
Sorry rant over happy camping folks
Regards Paul & Sadie

Williebraveheart and Markeriba like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Caravan & motorhome club

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:51 am
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

Paul/Sadie,
I'd leave a scathing report on the C&MC website. The sites are not cheap and the service you have received in not acceptable. I would also contact the club directly and ask for a report back.
If you do not act then others will be subjected to same treatment.

Colin.

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:34 am
by P401107 | 23 Posts

Hi Colin
I'll give them a call after bank holiday ask for a manager
Your correct sites are not cheap,
Carnt fault their 5 van sites always friendly
Regards Paul &Sadie

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:20 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.119 Posts

Hi Paul
That sounds a shocker.

We have had "discussions" with a number of difficult and unhelpful wardens in the past but thankfully not lately.

At one a number of years ago it got quite heated with an obnoxious individual about how we had pitched our Troll. We were talking about mere inches and I pointed out that a twin axle BWBox would take up far more room.

I refused to move it, reminded him as a club member that I was actually one of his employers and said that I would be writing a strongly worded letter to the Club Chair complaining about his rude and objectionable behaviour. At that he stormed off..........

A little later one of the other wardens came to talk with us and "apologise" for her colleagues response to us. I refused to accept it from her but said that I would accept the apology from him if it felt genuine. Fair enough he did come and apologise and said that he had only been "doing his job" but on reflection he had misread the situation..........! I accepted this and let the matter drop.

We should never forget that we are paid up members of a club and whilst we should not be rude to wardens, we have a right to be treated courtesously by them and helped if we have a difficulty. I think 99% of wardens do fit into this behaviour, thankfully.

On the facilities closed issue I have noticed on our recent last three sites that during midweek some of the toilets & showers seemed to be locked up. It wasn't an issue on either of the sites as there were so few of us using the toilets

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:14 pm
by P401107 | 23 Posts

Hi Mike
Thanks for the reply
I can understand if site quiet to close shower blocks common sense, But when sites over half full & school holidays that's different
All private sites CL's have been fantastic never had a problem really helpful staff
Sadly not on New England bay also nunnykirk when I telephoned, ho well we're going to get hickups along the way that's life.
Regards Paul

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:40 am
by dinky | 211 Posts

get in touch with head office, that was not called for.
they are in business to promote sites not end memberships. sometimes people are not the match for role they have, the upper management need to know.
try a cl or a rally before closing membership. then have the full experience to make a decision on, not just a rude has been.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:22 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.005 Posts

We spent 9 days at New England Bay in July and the site was only a third full. The wardens couldn't work out why as they'd been very busy through May and June, then occupancy dropped off a cliff. The closure of one of the facility blocks was published a week or so before we got there and we pitched fairly close to the open block. We never had a problem getting a shower, indeed it was unusual for there to be anyone else in the showers. The wardens were fine.

The CMC are very very strong on groundwater on their sites due to DofE regulations and that may well be why your jury rigged shower was frowned upon. You'll get a similar robust response if you try and wash your van on site but the rules are in their T&Cs. Less high profile, more relaxed, less environmentally mindful sites might allow such activity but if they're found out they could be penalised.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:24 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:12 am
by Skoderiba | 209 Posts

On a CL site on a farm in Suffolk. I asked where waste water should go.
The reply. ' It's water, pour it under the hedge'.

Fortibus es in Ero

dinky likes this post!
Last edited Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:12 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:16 pm
by dinky | 211 Posts

had that wonderful info too, on a sloping site next to river
did the responsible thing and took grey water x toilet tank to elsan point
fair enough if emptying a clean water cold kettle to leave, however washing up, brushing teeth, all involves chemicals.

Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 16 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105705 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4