Small external aerial

in Television, satellite, aerials and aftermarket electrical appliances Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:30 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.609 Posts

Usually I use a cable to an EHU TV connection for my TV, however there are a couple of sites that don’t have this facility. I do have a big directional aerial on a pole and it is a real pain to keep adjusting. My son in law who has a caravan told me about a tiny aerial that they had good results with and they are only £14. Leyburn caravan club site is in a quarry and I could never get a signal, this little aerial is sat on my top roof and the cable comes through the vent, I managed to get 40 channels. The old aerial is going in my garage.

IMG_3825.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

IMG_3658.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

RE: Small external aerial

in Television, satellite, aerials and aftermarket electrical appliances Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:39 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

Simple seems to be best. We have one of the Avtex that looks like a bent coat hanger on a stork with a suction cup. Before we go anywhere I look up the local transmitters at https://ukfree.tv/maps/freeview
When on site I point it in the relevant direction, hit auto tune and that's it. As we have an Avtex TV it powers a built in amplifier in the aerial. Never let us down so far.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105676 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0