Tritron 420 sleeping configuration

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:01 pm
by Corkman | 9 Posts

Am I correct in assuming that there are 3 sleeping configurations in the 420 and this is achieved using pull out slats ie not metal brush handles that bend unless you shove a timber brush handle through them. 1. Is a full double with no spacing using both the bottom and back cushions, 2. Sleep on the seats as per day saloon configuration ( do you leave the back cushions in situ for this configuration? , and 3. A half way house pulling out the slats partway resulting in small gap between. Do you use the back support cushions for this configuration. We currently have a 530 but my wife does not like faffing about with the poles and I think the long seats in the 420 allow a bit of lounging comfort . Thank you

Scroll up

RE: Tritron 420 sleeping configuration

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:23 pm
by Frantone | 103 Posts

Sounds like you might like a 540?

Eriba Troll 540GT. 2019. Our sixth Eriba! Loved them all.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:51 pm
by Corkman | 9 Posts

That’s a good call, just also looking at option of downsizing….perhaps

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:40 am
by Simboc2004 | 654 Posts

I have a 430 and we sleep across, using two metal poles (that don't flex!) and the wood framed cushions to make up the bed. All very sturdy. I'm a bit old now for mountaineering out over my sleeping wife, so we are thinking a 540 would be a good solution, allowing us to sleep lengthways, but still keep the front dinette. No fixed beds for us as we often use the dining table and seating on short stops.

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:14 pm
by dinky | 211 Posts

metal that bends pry do tell of this experience.
mine do not bend either
am most concerned that some did,
am I going to inspect the floor at an untold hour after 20 years of good faithful level bed holding service?

has someone switched ye poles and n bends?

540 and 420 are the long singles with the 2 person dinette at front

there is the weird angled rear long beds of the 542?? it look like a pair of trousers in the layout diagram no metal bar needed, a spring box perhaps to get on if short

the pontos had a bed with fairy steps down either side and a dinette at front

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:36 am
by Simboc2004 | 654 Posts

420 doesn't have a 2 person dinette at the front - that's where the kitchen is. It just has the big rear bed

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:03 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.005 Posts

The 420, like the 540 has a number of different options that haven't been fully covered.
Firstly you can have the standard layout, with large table that clips to the rear, under the back window. That configuration uses metal support bars to make up a double and you can only have 2ft singles or a full double bed.
The optional layout with central chest (removable), has a large freestanding table, useful outside and in the garden. The bed system is totally different. It has pull out slats from under each side that have fold out legs for support. One of the seat backs is split in half lengthways, held together by velcro. Pulling the slats out completely and using all the seat backs you get a full double. If you don't extend the slats you get circa 2ft 3ins single beds. Adding one seat back to one side you getting a 3ft or so single one side and a 2ft 3ins the other with a narrower aisle. If you use half of a seatback you get a single just under 3ft wide.

So, there are a number of different permutations of bed width that can be arranged.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:04 pm
by Corkman | 9 Posts

Thank you, that’s the explanation I was looking for.

Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105705 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6