Fitting Seals+Direct Sel-grip Top Lipseal

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:01 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.118 Posts

Having got our new PopAir 365 awning we decided to experiment with a 4m length of the seals Direct Top Lipseal to replace our white plastic Kampa seal that we have used for years.

However having bought this we decided to experiment with it on the non-door side to check the fitting before we take the Kampa one off. We have just spent a frustrating hour trying to put it on and watching it lift back off..........................!

We know the knack to putting the Kampa seal on and it takes us minutes now

My thought is perhaps there is a knack to getting the seals Direct one to stay on, that I am unaware of?

As usual any helpful suggestions owuld be very welcome

Thanks

MikeT

Scroll up

RE: Fitting Seals+Direct Sel-grip Top Lipseal

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:09 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

I'm at a bit of a loss Mike. I know when we used ours I seem to recall teasing the end open a little [screw driver blade], and then just slowly pushing it on working from one end to the other. There was a bit of initial resistance due to the metalwork in it being slightly squashed. Subsequent fittings were a doddle.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:15 pm

Hi Colin

I've got the ETS1395 from them, that they sell by the metre. Is this the same stuff that you bought?

Cheers
Mike

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:24 pm

Just had another fiddle and it is tight round the two curved ends leading to the drainage holes but it is in the middle, straight stretch of the van railing that is loose and keeps lifting up and off.

I'm wondering if a play with some flat pliers on the bottom of the seal might close the gap a little so that it fits more firmly?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:49 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

I'd lift it off, and give it a squeeze every couple of inches or so with some wide pliers, before trying to re-fit.

Colin

edit - if you can be delicate you could just lay the seal on a flat surface and give it a light tap every couple of inches with a wide headed mallet.

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

SOULBLUESMAN68 and scouteralf like this post!
Last edited Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:41 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:43 pm

Hi Colin

Lovely East Lancs rain all day today so I laid the four metres out in the lounge and gradually worked my way along it with some pliers as Kath was watching a replay of some long legged men & women wearing frills & sequins prancing about........bit lost on me!!!!

She seems a bit irritated about me bringing "that long black rubber thing" onto the lounge carpet which confused me a bit......................

Hopefully tomorrow if the rain stops this will have solved the problem.

Thanks
Mike

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105704 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3