Problem with the side lights

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:59 am
by GCL | 122 Posts

Hi everyone, I have a problem with the side lights. Last week when I plugged it in, I noticed that two side/clearance lights wouldn't come on. In particular, the white lower front on the left (in the direction of travel) and the red rear on the right. I was thinking about the broken light bulbs, but I'm curious that they are crossed. I removed the front left light and the rear right light, both bulbs were broken. I replaced the front one and it works. I replaced the rear one (with two filaments for position light and stop light) but only the stop light works which turns on without using the brake pedal.
The bulb has two protrusions on the metal body that are not aligned and only fit in one position in the socket. What should I do?

Land Rover Discovery3, 2003 Eriba Triton 430
Scroll up

RE: Problem with the side lights

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:10 am
by Simboc2004 | 648 Posts

Can you attach a photo? There are a surprising number of variations of the "standard" rear/brake and indicator/reversing/fog lamp bulbs...

The rear/brake light bulb should only fit one way round.

This photo is of the layout and dimensions of a standard rear/brake bulb: OSRAM 12V 21/5W BAY15D P21/5W

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 bulb layout.jpeg 

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Last edited Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:17 am | Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:41 am
by GCL | 122 Posts

Yes, that has an obligatory position

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:34 am
by dinky | 211 Posts

turn bulb round or change /switch the wiring, if bulb cannot not move. have you had the wiring off?

are all car bulbs working when plugged into eriba?

Last edited Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:36 am | Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:30 am
by GCL | 122 Posts

It is not possible to rotate the light bulb because it has a forced position. Yes all other lights work fine.

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:33 pm
by Simboc2004 | 648 Posts

Could it be an incorrectly wired bulb? Try one you know works (from the other side?)

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:45 am
by 2eZero | 16 Posts

Do you have the bulb which you removed?

Try and have a closer look inside the lamp mount to see if there is any other way of fitting it. Yes, I understand it should only be fitted one way...

But I've also managed to fit the points in a distributor in a landrover back to front and it ran for a bit longer... ;)

Scroll up

Visitors
7 Members and 39 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12517 topics and 105608 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 7