1994 eriba puck wheel bearing replacement

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:07 am
by zate24 | 15 Posts

Hi there, Has anyone had to replace the wheel bearings on a 94 Puck. if so where would you get the bearings from. I think the Puck is running on an Alko chassis and the last time I looked at the wheel bearings to check them for play they had a castellated nut, so I assume they are not roller bearings. Is it a big job?

Scroll up

RE: 1994 eriba puck wheel bearing replacement

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:38 am
by Randa france | 12.870 Posts

Hi Peter. Yes, you're correct in thinking that your Puck will not have tapered bearings as it doesn't have one shot nuts but castellated nuts. The same as our 99 Troll.

What you need to do is to get the embossed part number off your ALKO (?) brake drums. Armed with that number you should be able to trace the correct wheel bearings for the job.

That's as far as my knowledge goes and I only know that much because I had to find a new brake drum for our Troll a couple of years ago. Once I had the brake drum part number I was able to buy a new one complete with bearings. The company I used was https://autoandtrailer.com/ where very helpful and had the part I needed, in stock. They should be able to match new bearings to your drum.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Pepé Le Pew and eribaMotters like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105654 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5