AL-KO wheel Locks

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:50 am
by Porkiespadge.jr@btinternet.com | 2 Posts

Hi all you cognoscenti out there!

I’m looking to upgrade my wheel clamp to an AL-KO Secure Compact Kit. They are not cheap! I need to know if they will fit my 2006 Troll 555GTV at all. If so which one do I need, as there seem to be several models? Finally, will I need some sort of chassis/wheel hub modification?

Many thanks in anticipation. I have got nowhere with this on the AL-KO website, or with my dealer/Hymer UK.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: AL-KO wheel Locks

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:02 am
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately the AL-KO Secure Compact Kit system is not compatible with your Eriba and a retro fit modification is also not possible.
Like a lot of owners I used a Bulldog Euro for many years, but I moved on to a Nemesis Ultra about 6 years ago. It is lightweight, easy and quick to fit to alloy wheels and offers an insurance recognised level of security. You can pick them up at a sensible price 2nd hand. I think I sourced mine off Gumtree. eg:- https://www.gumtree.com/p/campervan-cara...lock/1457889536
Lots also on Facebook Marketplace:- https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/103...nemesis%20ultra
5 - mover-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
I use this in addition to the genuine Alko hitch lock.
When a vehicle is left unattended most insurance companies will specify two security devices and these fit the bill and give piece of mind.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Last edited Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:07 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:52 am
by Porkiespadge.jr@btinternet.com | 2 Posts

Colin: Many thanks. A definitive answer at last. I shall certainly take a look at your Nemesis suggestion.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:21 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.005 Posts

I don't think I've ever seen AlKo wheel locks on Eriba vans, so I think Colin is probably correct.

Most AlKo chassis have the three pre threaded bolt holes to fit the AlKo back plate and they have threaded plastic bungs in to keep the threads clear. Pre the pandemic you used to be able to buy the backing plate retail for DIY fitting, but it would appear that AlKo have withdrawn the plate from retail sale and now only dealerships and qualified caravan techs can get hold of them.

I'm not sure what stops the AlKo kit from being fitted to Eriba Touring vans as up until recently they did use the AlKo chassis, but as I say I think there must be a clearance/design issue.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:07 pm
by hi-top | 1 Post

I had the AlKo secure wheel lock fitted to my 2007 Eriba Troll 552 GT in 2013 at AlKo in Southam. The back plate had to be changed as the original did not have the 3 holes. The caravan has Hymer Intra 14" alloys which required insert No. 12.
IMG_0317.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) IMG_0318.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:32 pm
by Nigel 4 | 3 Posts

Another vote for the Nemesis Ultra. It is so easy to fit/remove and is a great visual deterrent.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:42 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

Hi-top, I stand corrected, I'm amazed, you could well be the only Eriba owner with the lock.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 34 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105689 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2