Insurance Recommends

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:48 pm
by Bryn | 993 Posts

I am sure that I am not the first to ask but who is the best all round insurance company, service & value for money !!!

Scroll up

RE: Insurance Recommends

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:12 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.005 Posts

That's an impossible question to answer. Each insurance company has their own take on the risk your particular van represents and the depth of cover they'll provide based on your insurance history, the value of the van, its ease and cost of repair, where and how it's stored and with what security etc, etc, etc. My own preference is to go for any of the Defaqto 5 star companies as they've been assessed as providing excellent cover and service.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:13 am
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

Brian, I think you can only tell how good a company is when you make a claim, and fortunately few of us have been in that position. If you use the search facility you will find lots of discussion on the subject with several names that owners use cropping up regularly. The C&MC used to be the default setting for many, but the rising premiums has driven them away. I seem to recall last time I checked they wanted over £800 from me. I went with Grove & Dean who are underwritten by Aviva and cost me less than £300.You should also check out Lifesure, Ripe, Saga and Coever4Caravans.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:23 am
by Captain Calamity | 343 Posts

If you travel a lot you’ll need extended Europe cover. Ripe used to be good for this but changed underwriters last year and now seem to limit you to 28 days per trip. Grove and Dean - see Colin’s note above - (who we now use) seem more relaxed and charge a reasonable price. The rule of thumb seems to be around £10 per £1,000 of cover.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105690 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0