Very confusing model names/numbers

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:07 pm
by Eribaphil99 | 5 Posts

Hi - I’m familiar with the late 80’s Eriba Duo. What would be the name/model number of the early 2000’s equivalent (dimensions)? Is it a GT310 ? Is there a guide somewhere to all the model name/numbers over the years? Many thanks, Phil…

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Very confusing model names/numbers

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:43 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.005 Posts

There are pages on the forum with such data, though whether it has all the most recent new layouts I'm not sure.

I notice that Hymer appear to have dropped the 'family' names recently and now they're all Tourings followed by their model number.
Basically the van's with the same first number are the same length and the second and third numbers denote the actual layout inside. As an example, the Familia 310 and 320 are the same length but the 320 has a washroom and the 310 doesn't. The 4XX are all Tritons and the 5XX are all Trolls.
I suspect it's the arrival of the 820 and more likely the 6XX vans that has driven the dropping of familial names.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.

Scroll up

RE: Very confusing model names/numbers

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:28 pm
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

Hi Phil. The Pan Duo use to be made alongside the Pan Familia. The Duo means a two berth and a front kitchen. Eventually the Pan Duo became a Pan Duo T in the early 90s. The T means it has a built in toilet.

The Pan Familia is a three berth, a family van with a side kitchen. Hymer eventually started calling them all Familias in the late 90s when they renamed the 3 berth the 310 (no toilet) and the 320, a two berth with a front kitchen and a built in toilet.

The overall dimensions of the Pan range, eventually the Familia range, have not changed that much until 2010 when the height of the Familia, along with the rest of the Eriba Family, grew 60 mm taller.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
scouteralf likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 76 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105686 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3