C&C Club

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:55 pm
by Bryn | 993 Posts

Having received an email from the club, should we be concerned about their breach?

Scroll up

RE: C&C Club

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:50 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.314 Posts

I know the Caravan & Motorhome Club have had a cyber attack , have the C&C Club also suffered one?
I received an e-mail from the C&MC and I'm not worried. Perhaps I'm being a bit relaxed over the situation, but they hold minimum details on me. Yes, I have used them for a booking, but I have the security of my credit card company to fall back upon. If any payment is requested and I'm not present for it then we receive a text from our credit card provider asking for permission to process the request.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

RE: C&C Club

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:23 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.005 Posts

The email from the CMC contains advice on what to do to protect yourself in case data has been harvested. If you're concerned follow that advice.

If payment card details have been hijacked, the fairly recently introduced two stage verification means you have to confirm the transaction by sending a number back to your card issuer that they send you. So if requests for such action come in that you haven't initiated then there's an obvious problem.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Scroll up

Visitors
10 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105692 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 10