Hi from NZ!

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:22 am
by Bill B | 6 Posts

Hi Eriba Folk, Originally from Scotland, we live in New Zealand and in 2023 imported our Troll 530 Ocean Drive called Sandy. There aren’t many Eribas out here yet but we hope to start a trend! We’ve done lots of little mods to make it more comfortable and built a solar system to enable us to camp offgrid for long periods. We look forward to contributing to the group! Bill and Mandy.

Randa france, Islay and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Hi from NZ!

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:43 am
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

Bill, Wendy, welcome from far away and it's nice to see you found us and are spreading the Eriba word.
Being nosy, I for one would be interested in the logistics of getting a van from the UK to NZ. I'm sure the info could come in handy over the future for some prospective owners abroad.
Don't forget to post some pictures of your handiwork as owners are always keen for ideas.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:38 am
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Hi Bill and Wendy and thanks for joining us on the Forum as well as Facebook

I've copied and pasted your comments regarding your Solar Panel installation Here:- Bill Brotherstone. Solar Panel Installation

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:29 am
by Islay | 216 Posts

Triton 430 from 1998 and Renault Mégane.
Bill B likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:14 am
by Julie Grafo | 3.461 Posts

to the Forum

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Bill B likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:55 pm
by Bill B | 6 Posts

Hi Colin, I’ve imported two caravans and a Murvi Campervan to NZ. Caravans are significantly easier, simply being trailers in the eyes of the licensing authority, NZTA, and not requiring “compliance”; motor vehicles do require a stringent compliance test. I used a firm called McCulloch in Auckland who arrange uplift in UK through their agent, containerised shipping from Portsmouth, insurance, importation and conversions for gas and electricity. I’ve not heard of anyone doing it on a tourist visa but I’m sure you could. At the time of the rugby World Cup, many Brits brought across motorhomes, used them to travel to games, then sold them here through an agent. The profit paid for their trip! RVs are expensive here, so a new Eriba bought from local dealer is about $86,000 without extras. To use campsites in NZ and to sell the van afterwards, you must have electrical and gas compliance. That means changing the mains breaker and all the sockets to the NZ/AUS standard. Gas here is all LPG so regulators need changed. Changes to mains electrics and gas fitting must be done by a registered fitter. Finally for self containment, you need a sealed connection to the grey water tank, readily available here, and a high level air vent, smell traps on all drains (sinks and shower) a fixed toilet and adequate water/waste containers. Eribas comply with the tanks. This is essential for wild camping/boondocking, but not required for commercial campsites. Even as a visitor it is worth joining the NZMCA (like caravan club) for access to contacts for electrical gas and self containment inspectors and for interisland ferry discounts and access to club sites. Caravans have their own registration here, not the car’s one, (Like a trailer in the EU > 1500kg). Registration is easy at any AA office, you just need proof of the VIN number (eg invoice, import papers). If any member needs help I’m happy to be contacted b.brotherstone@gmail.com - Cheers, Bill

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:09 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

Bill, thanks for the comprehensive reply. It's fair to say you had to jump through a fair few hoops, but it was obviously wort it and I'm sure you'll not be selling your Eriba in the near future. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time with it.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Bill B likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:32 pm
by PooleDweller | 753 Posts

[Hi Bill & Wendy. Welcome] to Eribafolk
We also tow our Eriba behind a Murvi - a great combination.
Happy travels

Pat & Robin
2015 Eriba Triton 430GT, 2011 VW Golf Estate DSG 2L Diesel
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:52 pm
by granddadgrape | 1.559 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 19 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105706 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0