Eriba 820 for sale.

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:23 am
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

RE: Eriba 820 for sale.

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:41 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.004 Posts

They keep trying.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:57 pm
by Simboc2004 | 654 Posts

I'll have two...

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:57 pm
by Simboc2004 | 654 Posts

... and a Chieftain tank to tow them behind. Or, perhaps, a nice Scania truck?

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Last edited Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:58 pm | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:51 pm
by AlanC | 93 Posts

I suspect the only people they will sell it to will be either travelers or traveling fairground operators who tow with their lorries. And even then the price will have to drop a lot.

Alan

Liz and Alan
Troll 530 Touring 2015 now pushing a Honda CR-V
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:23 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

I called in and spoke to Red Lion early on when news broke of them taking on Eriba Caravans. If memory serves me correctly, they had little say in the first batch of vans they would have delivered. Hymer/Eriba made that decision. As such they ended up with some model/specification combinations that to some of us looked strange. I do not know if the 820 fell into this "you'll get what you are given" approach, but if it was then Red Lion will have taken a financial hit in having to take on a van that is not really suitable for the UK market.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:26 pm

We do have two couples on Eribafolk Facebook who are using their 820s for touring. If I remember correctly one is from the Czech Republic and the other is owned by a young couple from Scotland.
Both are delighted with their purchases. The Scottish owned one is pictured below alongside the Isuzu Pick up Tow Car..

Colin.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:27 pm | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:27 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.004 Posts

IIRC the law on towing caravans over 7m long is that the tow vehicle must have a maximum weight of more than 3,500kg and I don't think the Isuzu qualifies. It has a 3,500kg towing limit but the law refers to GVW/MAM i.e the maximum amount the vehicle itself can weigh, not it's train or towing limit. So pulling an 820 with one would be illegal. The check would be the second highest figure on it's VIN plate. If that's below 3500kg then it can't pull a van over 7m long.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:03 am

Quoted from :-https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/carava...the%20A%2Dframe.

Quote:- If you tow with a vehicle that has a maximum authorised mass (MAM) of less than 3,500kg, the maximum length of the caravan can't exceed 7m. It's worth noting that this refers to the body length, not the shipping length that includes the A-frame.5 Apr 2024

Therefore and you're quite right Andy, the body length of the 820 EXCUDING the A frame is listed as being 7.080 mm long. That's only 80mm (>3") overlength.
Eriba 820 Touring (3)

Randa

Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 41 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105683 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5