Uploading Pics to Picture Gallery

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat May 02, 2015 1:44 pm
by Ribski | 1.467 Posts

I've tried to add pics to "Stratford" gallery - having chosen the images, which show in the thumbnails, I enter 'Upload' but nothing happens

What could I be doing wrong ? Think I've followed the instructions

Scroll up

RE: Uploading Pics to Picture Gallery

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat May 02, 2015 1:51 pm
by hob (deleted)

Have you resized them to about 200Kb ?

I have found them easier to do about 3 at a time

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import

Last edited Sat May 02, 2015 1:57 pm | Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat May 02, 2015 1:58 pm
by Randa france | 12.859 Posts

That's strange Martin. I've just tried it and it's working OK.
To recap:-
Go to Picture Gallery.
Click front image of appropriate gallery to open.
Ignore top command "Create New Album Here" but CLICK "UPLOAD NEW PICTURES" command (next to orange circle with white arrow)
This brings up 5 grey boxes entitled " Choose File". Click the top one to get into your computer files.
Select the image you wish to upload by double clicking on it.
The title then appears alongside the grey box. Go to second grey box for next image upload etc. or
Click " Upload Pictures".

Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:54 pm | Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat May 02, 2015 2:01 pm
by Ribski | 1.467 Posts

I've done 3 at a time - total size is 769 - I'll reduce again to less than 200 each and see what happens !

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat May 02, 2015 2:03 pm
by Ribski | 1.467 Posts

Thanks Randa - seems to be what I'm doing - as each one is just over 200kb I'll re size and see how I get on :)

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat May 02, 2015 2:12 pm
by hob (deleted)

Just uploaded 3 seems to work ok here

Martin are you in a slow connection area? upload speed is usually about 1 1\10 of download speed

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat May 02, 2015 2:37 pm
by hob (deleted)

How strange...............I keep getting a green light on the gallery to say new pictures added but when I look there are no new ones

Not sure what is happening to them?

I wrote this a while back but I think you have probably already seen it

How to add images to the picture gallery

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat May 02, 2015 2:53 pm
by hob (deleted)

Its working now

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat May 02, 2015 2:56 pm
by Ribski | 1.467 Posts

Thanks ALL Found the problem ! I titled the images including an apostrophe in the title (which you can do on a "Mac" !) but this can't be read by other systems so is 'corrupt'

Now all done - thanks again

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 29 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12510 topics and 105561 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2