soplair awnings again

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:54 pm
by Dogwalkers (deleted)

Hi we have a very good condition soplair vendee awning which I believe is for a puck, the problem is we have a pan duo which is 30cm wider in awning width. Question is it possible to alter the frame mounting eyes on the awning rail by 15cm each end to accommodate the narrower awning. Shaun Niki and Fonzie.

Scroll up

RE: soplair awnings again

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:30 pm
by Randa france | 12.855 Posts

Hi Shaun, Niki and Fonzie.
I'm presuming that when you talk about awning width you mean the measurement along the Eriba and not the measurement out from the Eriba?
In principle you should be able to fit the frame mounting eyes wherever you like along the awning rail but take heed of the window and door positions. You won't want the side of the awning fouling the side window.
However, I think that the awning rail on the Puck is lower than on all other Eriba models and therefore the height of the awning to the eaves is lower which would probably make the Puck awning unsuitable for the Pan as the side and front fabric would not reach the ground.
Is there any way you can check the height of the awning rail on the Pan against a Puck to see what the height difference is?
Randa
(ps. perhaps someone on here can help you out with the Puck dimension?)

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:34 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:03 pm
by Dogwalkers (deleted)

The van is in storage till September because I've broken my ankle so won't be driving/towing till then when the plaster comes off. I've got it on the back of my mind that our pan awning height is about 1840 cm ish. Shaun Niki and Fonzie

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:12 pm

Zitat
Quote Dogwalkers:- I've broken my ankle

Ouch! Sorry to hear about that.
Can anyone help with the awning rail heights please? We are looking for a Puck awning rail height and a Pan Familia awning rail height. What age is your Pan Shaun/Niki?
Ta
Randa

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:42 pm
by Dogwalkers (deleted)

It's a 1992 pan, when I am more mobile I will post some pictures because at least one of the cupboards has been altered by a previous owner and someone might recognise it.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:26 pm
by Ginny (deleted)

Hi, have just bought a Puck and I believe it is 1.65 to awning rail from ground. Could check it in the morning for you.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:30 pm

Zitat
Hi, have just bought a Puck and I believe it is 1.65 to awning rail from ground. Could check it in the morning for you.

Hi Ginny and welcome to the forum.

That would be very nice of you. Thanks for doing that. What year is your Puck by the way?

Randa

Last edited Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:33 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:54 am
by Ginny (deleted)

Thanks very much for the welcome Randa!

I have just measured to awning rail on my 1999 Puck and it is 1.64, hope this helps Dogwalkers.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:30 am

Hi Ginny, thanks for doing that. I'm sure it will be of help to Dogwalkers.
Subject to confirmation regarding the Pan, it would seem that the awning rail is 200mm (8") lower on the Puck. Therefore that should mean that the eaves height of the Puck awning is 8" shorter.
Randa

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:45 pm
by Dogwalkers (deleted)

Thank you all for your help/replies especially the extra mile that Randa went to. My suspicions have been confirmed, there might be a vendee awning on here soon for sale or swop, we will have to have a rethink, or the other option is to swop the van for a puck he! he! Thanks again for all your input. Shaun etc

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12503 topics and 105515 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1