How to add images to the picture gallery

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:15 pm
by hob (deleted)

Welcome to another of my tutorials for new members unfamiliar with our forum software.

The aim of this tutorial is to demonstrate how to add images to the forum gallery and will include screen shots to aid this aim.

Step one. click on "Picture Gallery" just below the purple banner at the top of every page.

Step two. choose the gallery you wish to upload images to and click on it to open it.

Step three click on the upload new pictures button

gallery 1.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Step four. A new box will open called "upload pictures"
gallery 2.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

In this box click the top button marked "browse"

This will open another box where you can navigate to where your desired images are located on your computer
gallery 3.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

You can see in the shot above I have navigated to a sub folder in my 2014 photographs called Eribafolk forum \ new folder where I store photo's ready for upload (you can see some of this tutorial screenshots in there awaiting upload)

Step five click on the picture you want to add to that section of the gallery

gallery 4.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Here you can see I have clicked on the picture "gallery 2" and this shows in the bar underneath, next click "open"

This action will return you to the upload pictures box where you will see the name of the selected image next to the top "browse" box like this
gallery 5.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

At this stage you have the opportunity to upload up to four more images to the same gallery section by clicking the other "browse" buttons and repeating the upload process when you are happy with your selection \ s click the "upload pictures" button highlighted in screen shot five

The picture \ s should then upload to that gallery.

Some notes to consider

To save server space for the forum please resize your images to 2Mb or less before using the upload process............which ties in to the multiple upload limit of 10Mb for 5 images.

Next.... Don't worry if you made a mistake and uploaded the wrong picture every picture you upload is yours and if you hover the mouse over it you will see the option to delete it (this will not apply to images "moved" by a moderator in which case a polite PM may be needed to remove a picture).

If you wish to upload pictures to a different section of the gallery ...........open that section and repeat the process

Don't worry that you will lose your "original" picture from your computer the software uploads a copy of your picture leaving the original in place on your pc.

Well thats it for another "how to" topic ................happy uploading and enjoy your stay with Eribafolk

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import

and Randa france like this post!
Last edited Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:37 pm | Scroll up

RE: How to add images to the picture gallery

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:16 am
by hampshireman (deleted)

Isn't it worth mentioning that we can't load pictures into PMs as I have asked youand found out by your words and trial and error.

An early self portrait
Puck 225L pushing CMax 1.9TDI Ghia
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:45 am
by hob (deleted)

Hi Derek I have given that matter some thought since you asked, and the only way I can see that it may be done would be to link an image from a 3rd party site such as photobucket similar to adding images to a blog..........but so far I have not tested this

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:46 pm

OK thanks

An early self portrait
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:12 am
by Randa france | 12.830 Posts

Quote: hampshireman wrote in post #2
Isn't it worth mentioning that we can't load pictures into PMs as I have asked you and found out by your words and trial and error.

Quote: hob wrote in post #3
Hi Derek I have given that matter some thought since you asked, and the only way I can see that it may be done would be to link an image from a 3rd party site such as photobucket similar to adding images to a blog..........but so far I have not tested this

So far as I can see, Hob's correct. You need to find the photo's URL. However, It's also possible to upload photos into PM's and the Blog from Facebook as well as "Photobucket like" sites and it's easy to open a totally private Facebook page.
To upload a previously loaded photo from one of these host sites first click on the image to enlarge it before right clicking to find the URL.
Compose your PM and click on the [URL][URL] (7th from the left on the tool bar options B, I, U, etc)
Paste your URL number between the brackets and send the PM. Try sending yourself one to confirm that all is well.
Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:36 am | Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:56 am

I don't have FB or PB.

An early self portrait
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:17 am
by Randa france | 12.830 Posts

Quote: hampshireman wrote in post #6
I don't have FB or PB.

Well go out and get it dear Derek, dear Derek...

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:34 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: hampshireman wrote in post #6
I don't have FB or PB.
If all you want is somewhere online to store photographs and then link to them for posts and private messages, try Dropbox.

No adverts, simple to use and enough room (2GB) for zillions of pictures without having to pay anything. All you do is copy and paste your photos into it and once they've uploaded, there's a simple right click 'copy public link' option. That's the link you copy into this site as per Hob's instructions.

Dead easy. I use it for work all the time.

Go to Dropbox.com and sign up for the free version.

Last edited Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:35 am | Scroll up

Visitors
7 Members and 9 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12470 topics and 105326 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 7