RE: Eriba Triton parts possibly for sale

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:47 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

********* ****** ******* ******* ****** ********* ********** ******** *********** ******** ****** ******** ******* *********** ****** ******
don't worry not words but if I could say it would be a long line of words
which would describe what I think of previous bodger

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:53 pm
by hob (deleted)

If it helps lessen the weight on that corner while welding ...........the door will lift off the hinges.

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:19 pm
by Ribski | 1.467 Posts

It's great to see the dedication and work you're putting into saving this Eriba Like many others on here, I look forward to seeing the ongoing progress ! It WILL be worth it Good luck, and may any difficulties be easily overcome There is a wealth of knowledge freely available on this Forum.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:13 pm
by Mark Fitzgerald (deleted)

Here is the latest news on my Triton. The welding is now done. We had to cut out the front bottom rail from tow bar round to wheel arch. Had to get someone twenty miles away to bend the square tube to shape, after making a template from plywood. Also had to replace tube behind the wheel arch and in front and reattach the tube to the main chassis. This had rotted away causing the frame to drop down by an inch. Have made a new floor using to sheets of 6mm ply sandwiching 20mm baton and filled with expanding foam. A real pain. Spent today fixing the skin back to the new frame. More difficult then you would think as the drill bits kept breaking.IMAG1109.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) have taken down the overhead cupboards. Will be painting all cupboards as I don't like the wood look.

Hope to start posting photos of the refit soon.

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 IMAG1060.jpg 
 IMAG1091.jpg 
 IMAG1094.jpg 
 IMAG1098.jpg 
 IMAG1106.jpg 

Aaron Calder, Randa france, , , Poptop320, , Ribski, , and like this post!
Last edited Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:25 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:32 pm
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

Hi Mark. We are really pleased that you have seen it through. Hard work and lots of cash we bet, but just think how proud you'll be once it's done. Top Marks
R and A

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:27 pm
by Ribski | 1.467 Posts

+ 1 :)

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:14 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.743 Posts

Brilliant! An inspiration to us all.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

RE: Eriba Triton needing a lot of welding

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:50 pm

Went to the van yesterday with my wife and managed to get the floor in position, after some minor tweaks. Then took it out and laid it on the floor to cut the vinyl to size. Then we turned it over and I varnished the underneath. Also finished reattaching the skin to the new frame. Had to add on some Aluminium plates to hide the rust damage to the bottom of the skin. Decided to move the kitchen to the side so will put in new vents there. Put cover plates over the old vent holes, and as you can see replaced the centre section which was too damaged to use. This will be behind the gas locker.
Next week I will be fixing the floor, refitting the front windows and boarding out the interior walls.

Attached pictures:
 IMAG1118.jpg 
 IMAG1121.jpg 
 IMAG1126.jpg 
 IMAG1128.jpg 

Mark

Ribski, , , Aaron Calder and like this post!
Last edited Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:49 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:26 pm

Some updates on my Triton. I am now on to putting everything back. I panelled the walls using a white faced hardboard, heartbreaking doing the corner parts. Finished putting in the front windows , with new rubbers, again hard work. The gas locker is on. Inside i am laying the vinyl on Saturday and will then fit the wardrobe, the seat boxes which I have remade as the originals were warped. I have also made a front bed box for my son. this will work as a couch during the day. I have included the latest photos.

Attached pictures:
 imag1153.jpg 
 imag1161.jpg 
 imag1163.jpg 
 imag1164.jpg 
 imag1166.jpg 
 imag1169.jpg 

Randa france, Ribski, Aaron Calder, , , and like this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:32 pm

It's really great to see it coming back together Mark. Although hard work, you sound as though you're enjoying it a bit now?
Randa

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:19 pm
by logburner (deleted)

Hi Mark
Really nice job so far, the light is at the end of the tunnel,(do you see it ? ),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,preparation all done, Parts being made to a high spec....you now feel as your getting somewhere ..Exciting, isn't it ? Wish I had the strength........ I've still got the skill, but my bendy days are over......... Best of luck in the finishing stretch. Ian.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:40 am

We have moved on the fit out. I have installed new LED lights, four in total, one under each overhead locker. Five Double sockets, including one in the top of the wardrobe to house a Blue Ray player. I have hung a tv bracket on the side of the Wardrobe for a 19 inch TV. I had to put a piece of 15mm ply on the inside of the wardrobe wall to add strength. All the units are installed and hoping to get the gas reinstalled by a gas engineer this weekend. Hope to have major works inside finished this weekend or early next week. Then there is some tidying up outside to do. The underneath needs the cables fixed to the new floor and all edges sealed. I may wait till the weather improves.

Attached pictures:
 IMAG1171.jpg 
 IMAG1172.jpg 
 IMAG1181.jpg 
 IMAG1183.jpg 
 IMAG1187 (1).jpg 

Randa france, Ribski, Aaron Calder, Poptop320, , , , and campnsnooze like this post!
Last edited Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:42 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:01 am

Looking good Mark

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:22 pm

Nearly there with the refit. Had a gas fitter install the new hob and reinstall the heater. Spent three full days this week just picking up the last bits and pieces. But just my luck the inside door handle of the front door snapped off in my hand. I have to buy the whole inside lock to replace it. there goes another 50 quid. The whole repair and refit including all materials , new hob and upholstery has come to roughly £2000.00 a lot considering I did all of the work apart from welding and Gas.

We now have a leisure battery with a socket off it for emergencies. I have run the micro switch for the tap off of it. Besides that the whole thing will run off the mains. We intend to mostly stop at sites with power.

this week end we are taking it for a tow to see how it handles. Next week I will post some finished photos. The outside will get a respray at the end of the season, when we have more money.

Mark

Attached pictures:
 IMAG1223.jpg 
 IMAG1231.jpg 
 IMAG1235.jpg 
 IMAG1236.jpg 
 IMAG1238.jpg 

Randa france, , , and campnsnooze like this post!
Last edited Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:50 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:07 pm
by Agger (deleted)

I wish I had talent like that I am useless at diy, the air turns blue very very quickly and I have even cried (seriously) at my inadequacies

I have said it before, I believe we are all given a talent BUT some of us may never find it!

Total Respect to you it looks a super job, and you will have the satisfaction of knowing you did it. PROPERLY!!!

Likes to wax and have a smooth finish!

They teach you truth is good, then when you tell the truth everyone get's offended!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105675 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4