Buying in Holland

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:35 am
by Kiaora (deleted)

Hi
I have just bought an eriba from Holland, it is a 1997 troll, I,m not sure of the exact model.
But, it is the one I wanted. It has has a big double bed, wash room, dining area/single bed, and motors on the wheels to move it around. (Radio controls)
I found it on a Dutch web site markaaplas. Or a name similar.
The van was in North. Holland a place called winkle. It was a caravan and camper showroom and workshop.
I did look on google earth to confirm the place existed, and after asking for their best price, and more photos I decided to buy it.

I did have to allow for the cost of the travel, but was happy with the amount I had to pay. Plus it was an adventure!. Off as a car and return as a rig!
We drove to Folkestone on Sunday, then stopped to a village near Antwerp then in the morning off to winkle to get van.

The transaction went with no problems, I had to get an export licence in the town 10k from winkle. It cost about 30 euros, the dealer paid this.
We returned that evening to near Antwerp and camped in a site.
I had told the dealer I wanted to use the van from day one, and it was all ready for me. Battery, gas bottle water, even the smelly stuff put in the Wc
I would recommend this dealer.
I'm happy to give figures if anyone wants?
Regards
Peter

, Randa france, , , and like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Buying in Holland

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:47 am
by Randa france | 12.861 Posts

Thanks for above information Peter. it sounds easy and I'm sure that others who might want to go the same route to purchasing an Eriba will be inspired by your report.
Randa
p.s. If it's a Troll with a double bed across the back of the van and a "wide" single across the front of the van then it's probably a 530. g15p99-Troll.html

If it's a Troll with 2 long singles converting into a double bed at the back of the van and a "narrow" single across the front then it's probably a 540. g15p100-Troll.html#viewport

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:33 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:01 pm
by Kiaora (deleted)

hi
thanks for that, its a 540!
regards
peter

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:06 pm

Nice one Purple stripe or yellow stripe? g1p2-Troll-and-Troll.html (or maybe a green stripe) g1p181-Mid-s-Troll-Green-Stripe.html
Randa

Last edited Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:07 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:44 pm
by hob (deleted)

I watched this with interest Kiaora as I did a similar thing getting my Triton from Holland

You might be interested in my topic for converting an import for UK use

How to: Modify an Imported Eriba for UK Use

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:20 pm
by Andrew Brooks (deleted)

Hi there folks

I am in the process of buying a 320 GT from Holland.

i have only seen pictures of the 320 and a video---it looks very nice for a 2005 model

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:25 pm

Part 2--forgive me!----still trying to work out how this website works!

The collection date from the Dutch dealer is the 29th of this month.

I shall report further once the 320 is back in the UK.

Very much looking forward to Eribafest 2015 as the first sortie overseas!!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:57 pm

Hi Andrew. Bet you can't wait to get out there and pick it up. Will you be staying in the Netherlands for a few days to snag it or are you bringing it straight back? You'll obviously give it a full once over but don't forget to look underneath to see that the spare wheel is there and, if it is and it's padlocked, that they give you the key.
If you're staying out there, you'll probably have to take an EHU cable and a gaz bottle with you (unless they throw them in as part of the deal ).
It'll be nice to meet you both when you call in on us for a couple of hours at Stratford. Then we'll meet again at the Euro Fest. Have you decided on which crossing you'll be doing?
R and A

Last edited Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:03 pm | Scroll up

RE: Hello everyone

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:54 pm

Hi all
We have just collected our 320 GT from Holland and are more than delighted
She is a real beauty
But this enterprise would not have been possible without this excellent website which is so very informative..
Part of the fun has been to try the van out and so pleased that all works.
We would like to go to Croatia this Summer----there appear to be lots of lovely sites------- only concern might it be too busy/commercial
Any thoughts on Croatia?
Andrew and Elisabeth

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:20 pm

Hi Andrew. I've moved your post to this thread. Hope you don't mind.
Really glad your collection journey went well and you that you got so much pleasure from it. Bet you can't wait to take her out again.
Wow, Croatia. I don't think many on here have driven to that part of the World although I think one member has done it recently. Hopefully he'll be able to give you some advice.
We would love to see some photos of your van. Perhaps you could add a few to the Pan/Familia Gallery?
Randa

Last edited Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:21 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:40 pm

Hi Randa
Many thanks for moving our post to where it should be,
We will try and post some pics to the Pan/Familia Gallery over the next few days
We have just had a shakedown trip to Poole and the 320 is a perfect----cannot believe a 9 year old van is in such good shape! Since then much polishing and fine fettling.
Very much looking forward to a a couple of days out and about over the Xmas break-----perhaps to the west country.
Croatia appears attractive but we will keep our minds open------anticipate learning loads from the Eribafest 2015 Brittany experience about all things Eriba and foreign destinations
Best
Andrew and Elisabeth

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 48 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12512 topics and 105579 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0