PILLOW TALK

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:35 pm
by Randa france | 12.831 Posts

A few months ago a few of us were in discussion about fitting vertical back supports to the rear interior corners of our vans.
This is what we have done with our 530 and although still work in progress the results thus far are encouraging. As we don't use curtains we have removed them.
We have taken two standard pillows (one for each side) and fashioned a pasty shaped case for them using material to match the current seat fabric. These cases have been made 4" longer than the pillow and we have used some 2" thick memory foam on top of the pillow to make up the height. The foam was cut slightly over length so when inserted into the pillow case it mimicked the curve of the van.The cases were then closed off and two loops were attached to the top (the memory foam end) using the same fabric.
Pillow-A.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
Please bear in mind that the height you wish to make your pillow cases will depend on your personal circumstances. In our case, we always have a bed roll containing our bed linen on top of the rear seat cross bolster so our pillow cases will sit on top of this roll. The roll isn't shown on the following photograph but an allowance has been made.
Pillow-B.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
The top of the pillow case (the memory foam end) fits up behind the pelmets and, if necessary screw in two cup hooks behind the pelmet to hold the pillow case up. So far we've not found that necessary as the foam tends to hug the inside of the pelmet.
Finally, make two tie backs (one for each side) which will wrap around the waist of the pillow cases before attaching to the original curtain tie backs.
Pillow-C.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
Please note that the tie backs are not shown on the above photo.
Randa

Last edited Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:36 pm | Scroll up

RE: PILLOW TALK

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:48 pm
by Crow (deleted)

I like that, tried it with triangular shaped foam in the Puck L
but this looks a lot better. Beats messing with small cushions!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:11 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

But I love cushions.....image.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:17 pm
by Crystal | 244 Posts

Aww!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:25 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:32 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

> Link to better pic.......

Whereabouts have you put the head unit for the stereo, Mr Pee?

I can't quite make it out, but I'm guessing that those are the speakers on the panel beneath the cupboard.

Last edited Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:33 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:40 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Not fully decided yet!
Actually I have tried a car stereo unit on top of the wardrobe. It was a JVC DAB unit but the aerial requirements thwarted me.
Since then I got the Avtex telly and aerial which collects a huge range of radio channels so the car radio has gone.
However I have now got a Cambridge Audio Minx Bluetooth speaker for playing music from iPhone or iPad. It got very good reviews in a few audio mags and Amazon and has good rechargeable battery life so we can use it in the awning or outdoors.
So now the speakers are redundant.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:08 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

> Since then I got the Avtex telly and aerial which collects a huge range of radio channels so the car radio has gone.

Our Troll came with a flash Pioneer head unit mounted in the front of the panel below the nearside rear seat so that its backside pokes into the space where the battery and BIP live.

The speakers were mounted - well, they still are - in a similar position to yours except that they are inside the bed bases. Out of sight, certainly, but the best place for high fidelity?

Most mufflingly not.

To make matters worse the location of the head unit means that it gets brushed by every passing dog every time one passes, and by Mrs Le Pew's shapely calves. So it's either on when it isn't supposed to be or off when it's supposed to be on.

Since its remote control has buttons so minute that it's impossible to operate without having a microscope strapped to your bonce, you have to grovel on the floor to change the station.

And when you do finally find a station you want to listen to, you can't hear it because it sounds as if someone is attempting to murder it with a feather bolster.

Utterly hopeless. I don't know why they bothered.

So we use the telly as a radio too, and it's much better. The only time it's a bit of a drag is when there's no satellite signal and we want to listen to Friday Night is Music Night but either can't find Radio 2 or have to suffer Kathryn Jenkins sounding like Marlon Brando if we do.

So I put one casual foot and its comfy brogue on the table, moodily strum my guitar and sing one of my beguiling self-penned love songs to Mrs Le Pew instead.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:42 pm

Nice cushions mate. Glad you like them. She won't make me any...

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:31 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.732 Posts

>Mrs Le Pew's shapely calves.

So, if I have understood you correctly, as well as the two dogs your good lady takes an unspecified number of attractive young bovines on holiday with her in the caravan?

Could we have a picture of said calves please?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:54 pm

Pepe says:
So I put one casual foot and its comfy brogue on the table, moodily strum my guitar and sing one of my beguiling self-penned love songs to Mrs Le Pew instead.
and he's even gone onto youtube with it. If you don't believe me, here he is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=517MytgKdtk

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:08 pm
by hob (deleted)

Zitat

Awww how sweet something like this I presume?

Drat it won't play .wav files

Last edited Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:10 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:14 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

They're not speakers, they'm cooling towers for the Truma Thermo Nuclear Boiler Tony is trialling. I understand the whole of his rear end has gone luminous green.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:54 pm
by hob (deleted)

Good job I left the Geiger counter behind when I retired

Not a pretty sight I bet.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:02 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.598 Posts

Well done Randa, good job

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 12 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12470 topics and 105331 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3