Finding the change of avatar photo complicated

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:38 am
by hampshireman (deleted)

I have done it a few times, but that takes me ages and I find I am having to go back and start again more than once, annoying to an old non IT git like me.

The question about part of the image???
I am getting a window with corners that can be extended in proportion but that seems to be it. What please is the correct and presumably long winded way of doing this?

Carole, but she doesn't like it.
Puck 225L pushing CMax 1.9TDI Ghia
Scroll up

RE: Finding the change of avatar photo complicated

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:25 am
by Randa france | 12.855 Posts

Quote: hampshireman wrote in post #1
I have done it a few times, but that takes me ages and I find I am having to go back and start again more than once, annoying to an old non IT git like me.

The question about part of the image???
I am getting a window with corners that can be extended in proportion but that seems to be it. What please is the correct and presumably long winded way of doing this?

Well if you don't know then what chance do we have for you change yours every few weeks...
Seriously though, it's a long time since I've done it and I don't wish to experiment for fear of losing the link. It is important that you don't upload anything that is too big (Maximum 100x100 Pixels, 20KBytes).
Once you've cracked it then maybe you could add the procedure to this thread?
Perhaps you are experiencing difficulties at the moment because of something outside your control, ie. yesterday we were all experiencing problems uploading new or viewing existing photos because of forum host problems.
Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:26 am | Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:49 am

Ah OK then mate, Just a query that's all. Is there a problem withchanging it now and then?

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:54 am
by Randa france | 12.855 Posts

Quote: hampshireman wrote in post #3
Ah OK then mate, Just a query that's all. Is there a problem with changing it now and then?

Not at all as long as you can tell the rest of us "How to do it".......

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:55 am | Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:12 pm

If I succeed then OK

Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:17 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Click on user name (top right) > options > edit profile > upload new picture > upload observing size restriction > save.

Edit: it works cos I've just changed mine to a more seasonal theme.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM

My You Tube Channel

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:28 pm | Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:03 pm

Thanks Deep, it may just my reading of the size restrictions. Yes that was it, job jobbed, many thanks

Last edited Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:07 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 34 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12503 topics and 105516 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1