Protec tow cover

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:16 pm
by Taffy (deleted)

When I was at nec show I asked Protec if they make towing cover for an eriba. The chap said surprisingly enough but they have been looking at this as a design and had to change the fixers but have a prototype out on test with chair of cc who will be reporting back and a review appearing in the cc club magazine in a few weeks.

Keith and Sue and Poptop320 like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Protec tow cover

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:05 am
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

We've considered an Eriba towing cover and have seen photos of some hand made ones. Probably quite easy to make as a two or three piece (one top and one or two bottom bits) each piece sliding into the awning and skirt rails before being buckled together in the middle.
We have two reservations.
a) No matter how tight the cover fits, will it abrase the paintwork and acrylic?
b) It will spoil the whole character of the front of the Eriba when towing. Therefore patches to mimic the front windows is a must

When we bought the Touran with its short tail end, we had mud flaps fitted which seem to do a pretty good job of stopping any stone chips coming from our wheels, at least. Won't help any flying debris from elsewhere, of course.
Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:11 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:32 pm
by Taffy (deleted)

My thoughts were also about abrasion as the materials would be constantly buffered when towing. So is it best to leave uncovered when towing?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 05, 2017 11:26 am
by BobSheffieldEriba (deleted)

Ive often wondered if there is a hard wearing static cling cover that you could place onto the front windows.
However ballistically, would this protect the acrylic window in the event of a stone chip?

Covers seem to protect the iphone from bangs dont they?

Bob.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 05, 2017 11:27 am
by BobSheffieldEriba (deleted)
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 05, 2017 12:37 pm
by Suzywong (deleted)

IMG_1543.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)My Eddie has eyes, I don't think he would like a blindfold! |addpics|fbk-1-2a87.jpg-invaddpicsinvv|/addpics|

Magpie and like this post!
Last edited Fri May 05, 2017 12:43 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 05, 2017 12:45 pm
by Suzywong (deleted)

Sorry folks not done photo before, now have two

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1